Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

I wish my work didn’t have any clocks. I think it would help my day go by faster. If I didn’t know that I had been sitting for an hour watching someone write an email, I think it would be MUCH easier to tolerate the constant backspacing and sitting and thinking it took that person to write a three sentence email.
It is supposed to be AMAZING out today. And today only, of course it supposed to snow right when I’m going to get my hair done on Saturday.
I just discovered that Amazon has a “warehouse” website where they have refurbished or slightly damaged or return items. I could be in BIG trouble here people!
Someone just came to look at the new pictures that I put up in my cube and some were from my wedding, and I started talking about my wedding to her, which I haven’t done in forever. And I got all squishy about it again. Just describing my dress and how I found it and my bridesmaid colors. *swoon* Good times, good times…
I’ve sucked it up and started listening to 94.1 at work really low. I just can’t stand what they play on 98.5 anymore. Plus if I have to jump to turn of Nickleback or Pink one more time I might just throw my radio over the cube instead. *shudders* I hate them…I just have to remember to keep my radio low and to turn it off when I leave my cube. I can’t get 104.5 or 101.9 to come in to save my life and those are the kosher stations around here. Although I did hear on 98.5 yesterday that they are hosting a Howie Day concert and I practically FELL OVER but I can’t find anything on the web about it, or even about him touring. LOVE Howie Day, LOVE.
Speaking of other artists-Leona Lewis…I really like her songs, but I swear I flash back to the early 90’s every time I hear them. She is so early 90’s Mariah Carey and Celine Dion it’s unreal-even the videos. I mean I love her-but can a girl get a beat? The only song that is tolerable is “Bleeding Love” and that’s because they used it in So You Think You Can Dance (which means an automatic A+ in my book) and Ryan Tedder of One Republic (LOVE HIM) and Jesse McCartney produced and wrote it (respectively). If you would like to hear me expound on how much I love Ryan Tedder-just let me know. Basically it involves being Timbaland’s wingman for years and producing some of the greatest songs you probably never knew he produced. Wait until Chris Cornell’s new album comes out that they both worked on, you will pretty much die from the awesomeness. That is if you are crazy into music like me anyway…
I totally didn’t know that the whole Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Lent season was upon us until my mom asked me to come to church with her tonite. I wish I had time and the desire, Seth’s mom made a good point, that once we have kids, it will be easier to get back into church and that’s when most people do it. And we have always said that it is important to us to have our kids be involved in church like we are, but right now, we just can’t get into it. Its not that I don’t believe in God or Jesus or anything like that, I am very spiritual-but at this point in my life, I’m of the mindset that I think the whole church thing is more about fellowship and I rarely find when I do go, that I listen to the sermons and they affect me on some level, like I feel they should. So I feel like I’m wasting my time just to appease my mom. My relationship with God happens on my own terms, in my own words, on my own time. And right now I really don’t feel like I need church to facilitate that. But I know I will when I have kids, because I know I don’t have all the answers or all the knowledge to give my kids when it comes to religion, plus some of the greatest times I had where in church related activities as a youth, and one of my best friends (Kathy) grew out of a church relationship. So I’m not totally against church, I’m just not finding it useful in my life right now. But I know it will be again when I have kids, so I’m not too worried about it or about finding a church family. And I hate going to church just to appease my mom, because that feels SO wrong I can’t even begin to tell you. Anyway this was a horrible digression to say I learned something interesting about Lent today from an article called the Truth about Lent:
Q: Where do those ubiquitous ashes come from?
A: For centuries, Ash Wednesday ashes were created by burning the palms from the previous year's Palm Sunday Mass. But now, in a nod to modern efficiency and neatness, most churches simply buy prepackaged ashes, either online or from a religious goods supplier.

Who knew??

Let’s see what else??? We have been trying to get ready for painting on Saturday-that’s been fun, Seth fell of a chair last night and came down hard. Yikes. That was scary, I was brushing my teeth when it happened and I came RUNNING and tried to help him in my towel-which means I was not helpful at all.
Alright I’m off to try and find the Obama speech from last night since I totally missed it because I was taking off trim…
Love (of Jesus and my Mom)
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. In regards to Howie Day, from what I know, you have to be a Club Q member, then starting tomorrow you can go to the website to enter to go to the performance. It's an in the studio performance at the radio station. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! I knew you would know! What's an in studio performance? Would that be when I'm at work-because that would blow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It starts at 5:00 on March 11. It means the performance is up close and personal at the radio station, I think! How awesome would that be?!

    http://q985fm.com/Missy-Higgins---Howie-Day/3892051

    See if this link works for you so you can join the Club, then enter to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried and I am a member but nothing is happening on the link, it still says wait until 10 am-it's 10:13!! Arrgggghhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I'm entered! yay! Thanks for all your help Karie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I just got done reading the paper and he is doing a concert, too...March 11 @ 8PM @ The Waiting Room. $20 a ticket and you can get them starting MOnday at onepercentproductions.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.