Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others.

It doesn't feel like Wednesday does it blog readers? Here's hoping we make it thru the rest of the week happy and full of life.

TV tonite
Tonite I have a TON of things taping, thankfully since Tuesdays' are dead now. Some of those things are SYTYCD, The Philanthropist, Top Chef Masters, The F Word, and a few other's I can't remember. Yay good TV night!

Bridezillas
Since I didn't tape anything last night and I wasn't in the mood for Intervention (I know I'm going to fast forward thru most of it because I don’t like loud yelling drunk guys) I watched Bridezillas OnDemand. Okay serious, who scripts this show? How do they find these people? I mean you they know they are going to be on a show about being the most revolting bride on the face of the planet, right? I only watched two episodes, but I totally remembered why I don't DVR it, because it makes me remember planning my wedding and that makes me crabby. This one girl in one of the episodes was terrible, she was manipulating her vendors, and when they questioned her she threw a fit and smashed things, like wedding cakes and centerpieces. Sorry but where I come from, you have that kind of attitude, people call the police and terminate your contract, not just sigh and say, that was bizarre, but she's the bride! There's a certain level of professionalism and respect expected. I can't even IMAGINE having to have lied to my cake lady and trying to convince her I said chocolate when I signed a contract that says vanilla. That could be because our cake lady was from the church and my mom's friend, and my mom was her daughters confirmation mentor. But still. Yikes. That's why I think a lot of it was staged. The other girl in the episode was this large African American woman (her whole wedding dress was designed around her ample breats and her need to show every inch of them). She went on this whole rant because she scheduled her pictures only a half an hour earlier then when her wedding started, and people had shown up (she was late to the church) and were sitting in the church while she was trying to get her pictures done. She went on this whole rant about how she thought people would know she meant four o'clock Colored People Time-or CPT, I was watching it with my mouth open, like can they show this on TV? Wow. I'm not even going to get into the Asian girl because she bothered me the worst of all.

SYTYCD
Time for spoilers! Are you excited to see the new partners tonite??
*Group dance for the men is an African dance.
*Group dance for the women is Bollywood.
*Solo performances will be done by each contestant
Jeanine and Jason - Contemporary by Travis Wall to Jason Mraz 'If It Kills Me'
Melissa and Brandon – Broadway by Tyce to Age of Aquarius
Randi and Kupono - Paso Doble by Tony and Melanie
Kayla and Evan – Viennese Waltz to Seal's 'Kiss From A Rose'
Janette and Ade - Hip Hop by Napoleon and Tabitha to "love, sex, magic" by Ciara feat Justin Timberlake

*Debbie Allen is the guest judge
*Black Eyed Peas will perform on the results show.

What do you think? I'm hearing that everyone but Randi and Kupono got outstanding praise. I wouldn't be sad to see them gone at all.

Torchwood: Children of the Earth
Now I know enough of you aren't watching BBC America because if you were we'd be talking about it all the timItalice! I'm going to give you a heads up to a five night miniseries event that is getting RAVE reviews. Next Monday at 8 on BBC America is a cool sci fi show that reminds me a lot of the 4400 that used to be on USA. You don't need to know any background of Torchwood the TV series to watch it, but if you do get into Torchwood too, let me know, I might be doing the same if I like the writing and style here. Here is the website if you want to watch trailers or learn more http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/262/index.jsp

Mad Men
Seriously people, this is the first warning. August 16th at 10/9 central you must be in front of your tv, on the AMC channel getting ready to watch Mad Men. Trust me you will LOVE it. I watched both seasons (there have been 2 so far) On Demand last summer and I AM OBSESSED. I can't wait for it to come back! Any other Mad Men lovers out there? Also, Banana Republic is introducing a clothing line based on it- Man how I wish I could afford Banana Republic…

*snooze*
Lord almighty I'm tired, I can't even focus or concentrate on finishing this blog post. Sorry folks! Hope you have a great day and let's pray this week flies by!

Love (naps),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.