Thursday, July 2, 2009

Doing a thing well is often a waste of time.

Hallo! Happy Fake Friday everyone! I'm so excited this day is FINALLY here! How about you??

Plea Bargain
Since my father reads this blog every day I'm making an open plea to him to come "instruct" my husband on how to do our tile entryway as soon as possible. I about ripped my big toe off last night trying to do the laundry on the big boards you had us buy for underneath the tile. I'm just saying, if you love me, and my toes, you will make this magic happen. And I will make you a delicious dinner and buy you beer. Love, your slightly toe deformed daughter.

FOUR DAYS IN A ROW!!
I've done OnDemand workouts four days in a row this week. Last night I skipped the Bootylicious Buns and did the Kim Kardashian Butt work out (it had a more clever minx like name, but I can't remember it) and I can report today that KIM KARDASHIAN IS INSANE if she does that workout every night. And I might have a little girl crush on her now. I'll keep you posted.

The Closer
I finally finished it! And I actually loved it, it was a good episode, I like when they do more around Fritz and Brenda's relationship, the ones that talk about the team members I get bored with.

The Philanthropist
Did any of you watch this last week and this week? I just watched last week's episode and I LOVED it. Okay well maybe not LOVED but strongly liked, I can see how the rich guy saves the world storyline could get old so I'm excited to see if they can be creative with it. The casting is phenomenal. I love Jesse L. Martin, I have since Law and Order. And Neve Campbell? Lord where has she been? Love her! Hit up the comments and let me know if you enjoyed this one!

HawthoRNe
At the final hour, this show gets a reprieve. This last episode was really good and it was nice to finally see the rhythm of the show. It even made me all weepy at the end. It gets a stay for another week.

SYTYCD
Janette/Brandon (cha cha by Jean-Marc & France to "Hush Hush" by the Pussycat Dolls) LOVED it. Did you notice Brandon singing along with the words though? Judges HATE that, I can't believe no one called him out on it. I voted for them.
Melissa/Ade (pas de deux by Thordal Christensen to Romeo and Juliet) I thought this was pretty, but not very exciting, I voted for them, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the bottom 3.
Kayla/Kupono (jazz by Sonya) Very good, I like Sonya's work, I just wish she would use more popular songs so I could get drawn in more, sometimes during the routine I'm like WTF is this song?? I voted for them.
Randi/Evan (broadway by Joey Dowling) even though you all know I strongly pull for Randi and Evan (More Evan than Randi-she's kind of a prude) I think there is a real chance they may have landed in the bottom 3 tonite, that routine was not very good but that is purely the choreographers fault I think, they've done Broadway before and dominated it-who was this lady? I voted for them out of pure love for them.
Caitlin/Jason (pop jazz by Brian Friedman to "Creator" by Santogold) Um…see you guys in the bottom three.
Jeanine/Phillip (hip hop by Napoleon and Tabitha to "Love Lockdown" by Kanye) When NappyTabs (that's their twitter moniker) first came to SYTYCD I thought they were the poor man's Shane Sparks. I'm very happy to say I am wrong, they are pretty awesome and you can tell they love dance and they are making some amazing routines. I loved this. I voted for them.
Karla/Vitolio (quickstep by Jean-Mark & France to "Puttin' on the Ritz") I thought this was AMAZING. I tried voting for them for an hour and couldn't get thru. Let's hope this means they are the TOPS!! Even though Karla-snooze.
I really think the announcement of the new foundation is exciting-I really think dance should be offered in the schools, maybe as an alternative to gym? Anyway I'm linking the site of the new Dizzy Feet Foundation and I hope you all take the time to check it out and help if you can! http://www.dizzyfeetfoundation.org/
I also thought the judges were spot on tonite and fun to watch. I liked Mia's apology to Brandon, it made me all weepy.
How about you all? What did you think? Favorites? Who do you think is going home?

Long Weekend Plans
Tonite we are going to try and go to the grocery store, but Seth is golfing after work so we may not make it. If we don't we will go tomorrow and then I will get started on cooking (yay! So excited!) and cleaning the house. Seth will be finishing up yard stuff. Blessedly they are predicting no rain and 80 degrees on Saturday, I can live with that! I've decided to make two pans of Fat Potato Fat Fat, one with bacon, just an experiment. I'll let you know how it goes over. Then Sunday hopefully we are resting and filled with joy and satisfaction at the wonderment that was our party.
What about you all out there? What are your weekend plans?

*waves*
Have a great, SAFE, July 4th weekend everyone!!! Hope today flies by for you!!

Love (fireworks and bbq cooking),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. OK, I haven't watched all of SYTYCD yet, watched the movie "Confessions of A Shopaholic" instead. The book is better, by the way.
    I got up through Randi & Evan and I was like what the hell. Yeah, it was Fosse-like, whatever, it was simple, definitely. But what the hell. There was nothing to it. That's why I agree they'll be in the bottom three. It didn't let them show off their skills AT ALL. Who is this choreographer?! I'd rather see Tyce come up with something. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I seriously NEVER though I'd see the day where I missed Tyce! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually worked with Tabitha at a dance convention once called Monsters of Hip-Hop; they're amazing choreographers. And Tabitha is a BAD AZZ dancer!! I love the dizzy feet foundation; I'm going to look into giving more to this!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.