Monday, July 13, 2009

Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.

Happy Monday blog world! I trust you had a good weekend? Mine was very quiet and relaxing, just the way I like it.

Books
I thought it was time to update you on some books I have been reading or have read since the last time we talked about books. I'm going from memory here, so some grace is requested.
Currently I'm reading:
Amish Grace: How Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy by Donald B. Kraybill, Steven M. Nolt, and David L. Weaver-Zercher
The Secrets of the Chess Machine by Robert L'Ohr
The Liars' Club: A Memoir by Mary Karr
I've just finished reading:
When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris, I enjoyed this book right up to the very end, the last chapter on smoking, like my mom said, is kind of meh. The rest of it though is hilarious. As usual for Mr. Sedaris.
Thornyhold by Mary Stewart and Meg Cabot, this book was a great little short book my Grandma gave me. I'm currently looking for more Mary Stewart to read because apparently she has tons of books and if they are all as good as this one, I'm going to be very happy.
The Book of Air and Shadows: A Novel by Michael Gruber, this book was great. I'm going to loan it to my Dad next, it's just his style. A lot like Ken Follett, although not as…well the guy jumps point of view between three characters and it gets a little confusing at points, but really, a great book.

So that's my books I've been reading and have read. I just started my currently reading list, which is why I could remember what I was updating! J

Weekend
I'd tell you about my weekend-but it was mostly this "zzzzzzz". Which was the best kind of weekend. Seth worked in the garden, I literally sat in a lawn chair and watched him. We pulled up all our shallots to make way for the watermelons. We had 31 shallots, so that was exciting. I think next year, we are going to downsize significantly to the stuff we know that works, like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, pumpkins, and garlic. We might try our hands at onions or shallots again. Our soil needs hella fertilizer though, it's so tough and not forgiving at all. It's like cement. I know that it's not good because my Mom's garden is like Eden and her soil is all loose and black.

Songs I'm ashamed to admit I like:
Good Girls Go Bad-Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meester
Battlefield-Jordin Sparks
Boom Boom Pow-The Black Eyed Peas
Halo- Beyonce

Songs I'm NOT ashamed to admit I like:
Knock You Down- Keri Hilson feat Kanye West & Ne-Yo
I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)- Pitbull
New Divide- Linkin Park
You Found Me- The Fray
D.O.A.-Jay-Z

Entourage
Did anyone watch the season premiere last night? To be honest I forgot it was on, but I went to bed early (like 9 o'clock) and Seth came to bed to code while I watched TV in bed and I was channel surfing at just the right time. I thought it was pretty good. Some of the pop references were a little behind the ball, like the fact that Vinnie was on Leno and that the new guy signed "My Name is Earl" which just got cancelled, but maybe they will write that in to that guys demise later. I'm glad E is back with Sloan and that Turtle and Jamie are still together. I know this is vaguely drawn on the life of Mark Wahlberg, so I'm always trying to correlate which movie is the real life Mark Wahlberg movie they are talking about. I think "Gatsby" is "The Departed". Although I don't know that Mark has ever won a Oscar.

Law and Order: Criminal Intent
I only watched the first 30 minutes of this before I went to help Seth cut the salad lettuce for the week, but the first thirty minutes were kind of snooze. I'm not even sure if I will watch the rest, since I DVR'd it, but I might fast forward to the end to see who did it because I have no idea. But the characters involved weren't engaging at all.

If you need a work break
I'm currently obsessed with this blog: http://www.lovelylisting.com/ and finding bad real estate photos, because I'll never forget when Seth and I were looking and we found one that looked like it had been stuffed to the brim with crap and if you looked really hard you saw a creepy old man who looked like a bum. I wish I still had that picture because it was GREAT.

Goodbye Dinah, Goodbye! *falls down the rabbit hole*
Okay everyone, that's all out of me today! Hope you have a great day and pray it goes by SUPER FAST for all of us! Obsession, Intervention, and The Closer are on tonite!

Love (for it to be Thursday afternoon already),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.