Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Hey there blog world! I'm a little late to the post today. So it will probably be shorter than most. Let's talk about TV!

Intervention
I only watched the first one (for some reason my DVR has been taping two of them even though only one is new. Whatevs-way to look out for me DVR. This one was about an alcoholic heroin user named Trent who used to be a four star chef. Now I diverge to confess-I have a crush on all chefs. Because I am a hard core foodie-I ADORE anyone who can make food taste magical. So there is always a curiosity for me for chefs because as hard as I try, I can't find that seemingly magical balance that chefs find to make everything seem so harmonious on your plate. So anyway this guy I really wanted to succeed. His ex girlfriend was the one pulling for them, as well as his sister who I SWEAR fell out of the 80's. Her whole interview she had a side crimped ponytail. For serious. She looked like Tina on Napoleon Dynamite. Anywhoo-the girlfriend who was enabling him hard core was a THERAPIST. Or getting her masters to be one. And I'm not sure if I missed this or not, but they met in rehab, and he had been to like 13 rehabs before that. WARNING! WARNING! The black screen of updates said at the end that he relapsed when his mom died but he had been sober since like 2007. So good for him, I hope he's cooking again.

Obsessed
The first guy I recognized from MTV's True Life: I have OCD. It took me a minute to be sure it was him, but when he did the huffing in his hand I was like AHHHH REALITY SHOW WHORE!! He had classic OCD symptoms of counting and checking. He had a baby on the way (on MTV she was his girlfriend) and he ended up doing really well with the treatment. I really think it is all based on your therapist. I also think cognecent behavior therapy is the coolest thing ever. The second girl I had problems with. Something about her bothered me. It wasn't the fact that she picked at her face with earrings and blah the picking was totally gross, but her attitude. Something wasn't right there, and it went beyond the OCD. And that buffet that they therapist made her eat at? Totally gross, I wouldn't have eaten there either-blech. But like, if you are afraid of the way food is cooked, especially meat, then be a vegetarian. I think a lot of it was for attention's sake. It was sad thought that her and her boyfriend broke up in the end, but you could see it coming.

Kendra
I liked this episode, minus the beginning. I loved that Bridget was in it-did she lose weight? Her arms looked like Barbie doll arms. I kind of love Hank's parents a lot. I loved that they showed up to the playboy mansion and treated it like it was the bridge club or something. Don't judge me for watching this show-its way better then Jon and Kate plus 8! Remember when we used to have to talk about that?

The Closer
I liked this episode, but again I found myself fast forwarding thru some of the stuff at the end. I love when Fritz showed up for the show by the fake detective. Ha. And that whole pick up artist type stuff totally sleazes me out. Does that crap really work? Do they have a gay and lesbian pick up artist? Because they should. If only to be fair to the amount of sleaze we all should endure. I'm all about equality.

Hung
This episode was kind of meh. I liked the whole concept of the beginning being the end of the story. I kind don't like his pimp at all. She bothers me. His wife is a great character though and played very well. His kids kind of bother me too-is the girl twin really a dude?

The Succubus Garden
Seth spent a good part of Sunday weeding and planting our watermelon, pumpkin, and cucumber seedlings. I went to check them out yesterday and it was like a frigging JUNGLE. The cucumbers are already growing fruit. I have enough cucumbers-anyone need some??

Speaking of veggie preservation
My mom is throwing together a group in late August/September to learn how to can. I'm super excited because with my garden coming to harvest then-I have no idea on what to do with all my veggies. I want to make salsa and tomato sauce. And I want to can them, but the art died in my family, with my Dad's mom. So I'm excited to learn how to can and then hopefully next year when our garden is a little more…fertilized and learned, I can can up a storm. Ha. If you are interested in attending the class let me know and I'll let my mom know what kind of numbers to plan for!

TV tonite
I don't think there is much taping tonite since Hawthorne got the ax. I do have another Intervention (yelling drunk guy) to watch and I think there is something else on there that I'm forgetting. If anything I have a secret desire to watch Bridezillas OnDemand. Woot!

Willow Twitterpated
Willow started SCREAMING-literally SCREAMING at two am this morning. We both jumped out of bed and went running (well Seth turned around a couple times in place and went Huh? What? And then started screaming "WILLOW!" and went hauling out the door) I was worried because she LOVES this lei that Pam got us for my bacholerette party that she has commandeered as her own. It's red, and she wraps it around herself and carries it around the house and snuggles with it. Literally puts her nose in it and snuggles. It was the last thing I saw her doing before we went to bed. I started FREAKING because I was sure she hung herself somehow. That's how primal and scary this screaming sounded. Even Bags, who sleeps at the foot of our bed in between pillow mountain came hauling after us to see what was wrong with his big eyes and poofy tail (he spooks when Willow farts when he's sleeping next to her). Anyway, so we run and find her and she's at the back door all puffed up and there is this big grey and white tom cat on the other side of the glass and she is just making a FUSS. Seth turned on the light and spooked away the tom cat and Willow settled down and we all went back to bed (even Bags who was VERY grumpy after that) but the moral of the story is Willow is a FREAK and now I have to close the back door curtains at night lest Tom kitty comes looking to woo my Willow again. This morning she totally acted like nothing was wrong and we were all freaks for even talking to her, she just paraded her red lei around the house and snuggled into it when we asked her if she was okay or why she was so loud last night. Almost as good as Baggy coming in this morning to announce we were lazy butts and it was 7AM! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AWAKE AND PETTING BAGGY RIGHT NOW! Ahh cats.

Off to Neverland!
Alright friends! I'm off to work hard! I'll probably have to stay late tonite since I missed some time this morning. Sleeping in is divine, it changes your whole outlook on the day, I highly recommend it!

Love ( naps, cats, and canning planning),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. i wish i lived closer to join in the canning party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to learn how to can! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.