Wednesday, July 29, 2009

People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.

Happy Hump Day everyone! The weather is LOVELY in Nebraska right now, it's just perfect and I couldn't be happier! I want to go get my heavier duvets out and sleep like a monster under them. It also makes my after work naps just divine because I'm not sweating up a storm. The sheets on the bed however, in desperate need of a change, and if Seth makes it home early from his test tonite, like he says he will, I'm going to ask him to help me (he lifts the mattress for me-it goes much faster)

TV
Okay I didn’t really watch that much TV last night. I spent a while on the phone (boo) and then I did laundry and made dinner for myself and watched some Intervention while I did that, but I don't think the story was all that interesting, the dad creeped me out. I didn't watch Obsessed because I only watched TV while I ate dinner and I didn’t' want to watch someone who was afraid their teeth were going to explode or someone who pulls all their hair out while I tried to shove food down my gullet.

DVD making machine
Instead of watching TV, I have been working on our family videos-transferring them to DVD. Last weekend I did our wedding and reception and this week I have been working on our Orlando trip. I actually think it's kind of fun, although it sucks to have to sit there and watch the same video over and over to mark the chapters. I'm trying to figure out if I can get photo slideshows on there…I've been using Roxio's Project Creator and it's actually really simple to use!

SYTYCD
A few more spoilers-
Judges are Lil C , Nigel and Mary.
Two group dances by Sonya, solos, and 2 paired dances per person
Sonya did the Top 3 guys group routine it was Willy Wonka inspired. She also did the Top 3 girls group routine and it was superhero inspired, Jeanine was Wonder Woman and she was freaking awesome and they all had cute belts with the first letter of their names.
Samba for Ade and Jeanine - Jeanine got rave reviews (Nigel was slightly gross), Ade not as much; Lady Gaga music
Broadway for Melissa and Evan - Tailor made for Evan; wedding theme; source and judges liked it okay
Contemporary for Brandon and Kayla - she wants to end the relationship theme; judges liked it but there was some negative critique (not over the moon about it); mostly Kayla was highlighted and did well but Brandon played his part; source said one of the best three performances of the night

Hip-hop for Ade and Jeanine - eviction theme; awesome routine; Ade proved himself here for the source; Jeanine was great as well; Lil C loved the dirtiness; rave reviews; one of the best three of the night
Quickstep for Melissa and Evan - started strong and lost some of it in the middle; Melissa was better in expression but couldn't hold form; only Lil C really liked it but the other two not so much
Disco for Brandon and Kayla - awesome routine; really difficult and energetic; one point they looked exhausted but got it together; rave reviews; probably best dance of the night according to the source
Solos: boring except for two; Kayla was great and Brandon got a standing O from Nigel and Mary, and deserved it according to the source; source doesn't even like him and thought it was amazing

Those are from Televisionwithoutpity.com by a poster who went to the taping last night.

Oh! Oh! Oh!
So I just learned that A&E is going to introduce (in Obsessed time slot on Monday's) a special on HOARDERS! HOARDERS! Yayy!!! I guess they ran out of OCD topics. Exciting! I wonder exactly when it starts, I know it's not next week because I just double checked the DVR recording schedule for next week.

Seriously week, seriously?
It's only Wednesday? In my head its Thursday. I need this week to be over already. I have a long weekend ahead with Cheeto and Whitney's wedding and I'm trying to prepare myself for that. Part of me wants to forgo my hair appointment I made and rent a hotel room and nap and then do my own hair and make up and have a place to get ready. As of now after I get my hair done I'm getting ready in the back of the car in the church parking lot. Seth's family probably won't stay long because Janet found out something she volunteered for at church is actually this weekend, so he has to be up the next day at like 5 am to go help with that. So I'll be by my lonesome most of the night. *sigh* At least I get 2 guaranteed long car rides with my honey.
Sunday my side of the family is trying to have a family picnic in Nebraska City, but I'm really doubting I will have the energy to make it. Seth has a HUGE project do on Monday so he's out, I'm currently trying to bum a ride for it that doesn't leave at 9 am-which is when my mom is going. Maybe I don't want the weekend to get here!

Sleepy
I'm sleepy. Seriously. I spent all last week plotting on how to leave early everyday and I'm already starting it again this week. If it wasn't sunny right now, I'd be gone because it is like the most perfect day ever to sleep. I keep telling myself, just make it to noon! Just make it to noon! At least then you've worked half the day!

Goodbye!
That's all I really have folks-hope you have a good Wednesday!

Love (cooler weather),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.