Friday, July 31, 2009

The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we have of ourselves with the appalling things that other people think about us.

FRIIIIIDAY! Uh! Working on a FRIIIIDAY! Ow!
Hey all! Man can you believe we made it here? I swear this has been the longest week yet. I know I say that almost every week, but this is especially true this week!

SYTYCD
I TOTALLY CALLED IT. Did I not? Check yesterdays post. Totally. But WAY WAY WAY more exciting was seeing last seasons favorite dances! Oh! Oh! Joshua! Twitch! Bleeding Love (I still do the head banging they do in that routine in the grocery store if the song comes on, Seth runs as fast as he can. Ask Pam, I've done it with her too) It made me realize what a much better season last season was compared to this one. There really is, like Nigel said, no superstars. I'll be sad when they don't have an excuse to bring back Season 4's dancers anymore, because they are phenomenal. Seriously. I'm sorry to all of you who are watching this season for the first time because if I had any wish for you, it would be that you watched last season first instead. Even Seth (last season was his first) agreed with me. But you know, it kind of goes in cycles. The season that Sabra won (3?)-I can't really remember anything about that season. But man, if you didn't know, Joshua (the one who did the Emmy nominated Samba dance by Dimitry) is completely UNTRAINED. He's a hip hop dancer from Houston. He used to be a football player and really liked his ballet class he had to take for football. He is AH-MAZ-ING. The end. He's my favorite dancer of all time. If they had an all stars show, I'd vote for him CONSTANTLY.

The Philanthropist

This was another good episode. It looks like it is expensive to shoot, but I'm hoping they renew it. It's a nice little summer show, like Burn Notice. I've really enjoyed it. And I think Jesse L Martin and the guy who used to play Marc Anthony in Rome are great in it. I like watching them. Next week they do a show together so I'm excited about that.

Torchwood
I totally started watching the fourth episode and almost had to turn it off because it was so good and I felt bad about watching it without Seth. But I kept going because I couldn't imagine waiting to see how the episode ended. If I'm by myself tonite-I'm totally finishing the series. I can't believe ***** died!!!

Weekend
This weekend we have Cheeto and Whitney's wedding. I just remembered I have a hair appointment at 12. ( I thought it was at 11) so I'll have to grab a quick lunch and then get my hair done and hopefully by the time I'm done my in laws will be in town and I won't have to worry too much about being alone. Even though I totally planned on sleeping in the car, I don't think I'm going to have that kind of time. So tomorrow will be a LONG day for me for sure. Hopefully I have enough energy Sunday to get to the picnic, my Dad said we could ride together, which I hoped he met he would drive, but I think it means he wants to ride in my new car! Which is fine, as long as he drives.
I'm not going to get home in time to go the rehearsal with Seth, so I think I'm going to make coleslaw and relax. That's a weird combo, isn't it??

Succubus Garden
Guess what!?!? We have been getting tomatoes out the kazoo! I'm so excited. I'm going to try and make tomato sauce to freeze this weekend. Here's hoping they turn fast enough and I find the time. I'm going to use Gordon Ramsey's recipe from the meatballs I made Seth because that junk was good! It also looks like we will get two big yellow peppers and some banana peppers before all is said and done. The pumpkins are going crazy and the watermelon is stretching out. The cucumbers seem to be mostly done, but we will see. I gave a bunch to Pam who came over on Monday. They were huge!

Everybody's free to feel good
Alright people-go and have a great weekend! I hope it's whatever you want it to be-quiet, fun, relaxing, high energy, productive-whatever's clever! See you all Monday!

Love (to be able to go home RIGHT NOW!),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Bleeding Love routine. I feel like I could get up and do it with them. And I really like Brandon from this season. I think he's a superstar and he's the only one that I would need to see again, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Brandon is the closest to superstar, but I don't think he's even near the levels of Joshua, Twitch, and Katee. At all. There is just a little something smug about him that hits me wrong sometimes. Like if Joshua got a standing ovation on his solo from Nigel, he would burst into tears and bow and say thank you. Last night Brandon said SHUT UP! and covered his mouth. I like my dancers humble. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.