Thursday, July 16, 2009

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Hi Friends! Last night was a LONG night. Seth caught an error after class, so he didn't get home until 12. I have this real problem where I can't go to sleep unless I know I'm in for the night, otherwise I am just laying there waiting to be woken up again. So needless to say we didn't get to bed until around 12:30, and 6 am comes early!

NPR
So I'm old, we know, but lately if the radio is playing crap music or I don't want to listen to stupidness (like why someone should win a Bud Light BMW or how much a particular radio DJ who is OLD and FAT masturbates) I flip it over to NPR-something my mom turned me onto. I like listening to the talking, and learning things, yesterday they had a recap of the new supreme judge hearing, but WHAT is with the lame ass elevator music in between every talking bit? It is SO annoying, it's like smooth jazz. Yesterday I heard the Mission Impossible theme song. Seriously.

An email to my husband-
"OMG! OMG! I just dropped my cell phone in the toilet at work! Like fully submerged! WTF do I do? WHAT DO I DO? PS-Does this mean I get a new cell phone?" He is going to kill me. Don't worry, it was a fresh bowl, stupid pants, I knew I should have listened to my dad and used my clip.

SYTYCD
What did everyone think of the new partners? Here's my review:
Jeanine and Jason (Contemporary by Travis Wall) AMAZING. Wow Travis, just WOW. Come back any time and make beautiful things like that, I officially changed my stance on Jason after that, learned my lesson! Bravo Travis.
Melissa and Brandon (Broadway by Tyce) Meh. It was alright, nothing super exciting, Melissa kind of scares me, she looks like she could crush me doing bicep curls.
Randi and Kupono (Paso Doble by Tony and Meredith) Booo, look for these two to go home, although Randi has the huge Mormon base that won Benji the title in year two (and beat out TRAVIS?? How is that possible? Did you see choreography?? Wow oh wait we are talking about Pono and Randi..) so yeah, I didn't dig it-at all. I'm glad America finally got to see what I've been whining about with the Randi and Evan duo, she is just awful.
Kayla and Evan (Waltz by Tony and Meredith) it was okay, the height difference was detrimental but I think the lifts were beautiful. And Kayla was beautiful too, the judges comments were right. Evan sometimes makes this face in rehearsals that looks like he is stoned or drunk or that he just woke up or something and it makes me want to shake him, like be CUTE-that's what's going to help you win! Stop looking like a tool! I had to vote for him twice just in case. He reminds me of some famous movie star, but I can't put my finger on who…
Janette and Ade (Hip Hop by Napoleon and Tabitha) this piece was really good. There was some buzz on Twitter (I follow most of the choreographers on Twitter) that NappyTabs didn't like the piece or the people they drew, but I think it came off nicely-I hate that they play to that whole pick bit though, boo get rid of the shtick.

Women's Bollywood Dance- I thought this was really well done, I love the group dances of Bollywood, it makes the movements seem that much more impressive!

Men's African Dance- I thought this was good too, although not as impressive as the Bollywood. I also kind of thought it was inappropriate that they pointed out Evan was white over and over again, dance, as they have said MANY times before is supposed to transcend race and culture. They don't point out when the African American dancers have to do the waltz about how good they thought it was even thought they were black. Ugh.

Debbie Allen was surprising NOT annoying this week. Kudos. I wonder who is doing the group dance this week. I'm also not too excited to see the Black Eyed Peas perform. Unless they bring out old SYTYCD alum. Then I'm down. They should have that in the performance contract, you have to use STYCD alum in your performance on the show. If you guys missed anything www.sytycdism.com always has clips.

The F Word
Did you guys see that Gordon went noodleing in OK? That's where you catch a catfish with your bare hands. It's apparently very dangerous (and stupid). But it was fun to watch. The spiced chicken dish he made looked really good, if I could get my tomatoes to turn I would try it! Also the spicy chicken soup he made looks like something my brother and dad would LOVE. But where do you get star anise in Omaha?

Intervention
Whoa. Angry dude died. That Intervention was AWFUL. I rarely watch the actual Intervention part-but those kids throwing themselves on their Dad and begging them to get help was so dramatic. Something about the Mom bothered me too. It's sad that he died though. He reminded me of a lot of guys I knew in college, no really reason to excessively drink, other than the normal pressures of life and school, but they took it as an excuse to get shit canned constantly and practically live in the bar. This guy really had no reason to be drinking like that besides the general pressures of being a husband and dad. No one touched him, no one left him, he was the golden boy of his family. I'm of course going off what the show gave me. I'm not his therapist or anything, but I know a lot of guys like that and it just bugs me.

Mad Men
Okay Mad Men season one is OnDemand now, I realized I hadn't seen a few episodes so I watched those instead of Bridezillas last night. Aren't you proud of me? It is such a great show, so well done. Congrats on your Emmy nods guys-you deserve it.

Weekend!
The weekend is almost here-HOORAY! I can't wait! There is nothing too exciting going on, probably lots of sleeping. Saturday night we are going to Dan and Kathy's for pasta dinner, we are bringing salad (I have to keep telling myself that so I don’t forget) and Seth's parents are coming Sunday. MOST IMPORTANT-We are going to see the new Harry Potter movie on Sunday and I'm very, very excited. We finished our Potter Movie Marathon and I'm so ready for the new one! Also my Dad mentioned maybe starting our tile project this weekend, you need like three days to do it, but we really don't have that so we might do it in bits.

So long! Farewell!
Alright people of the blog-I'm going to work. Hope you all have a great day!

Love (a not soggy phone),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.