Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

Hey world. I'm dying. No seriously, at least it feels that way. Allergies SUCK. Big time SUCK.

Sick
I was out sick yesterday, as some of you may have noticed. I missed you all. Thanks for your well wishes! I'm hoping to get better, but if last night's snot suck fest was any indication, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Unfortunately I am starting the new job next week, so I can't spend this week lying in my bathtub filled with warm water and Johnson and Johnson's baby cold care, which as of now, is the only thing that makes me feel better.

TV
I attempted to watch TV yesterday, but got distracted by the Mad Men marathon. Luck of luck! Of course it was the part of season 2 I had seen, but Seth was home sick too and he hadn't seen it and so he was enjoying it and I was falling asleep until my nose plugged up and then choking on my own snot and then sitting there and whining about how I couldn't breathe. But don't forget! Mad Men starts Sunday-9 pm- on A&E. Anyway, I watched America's Best Dance Crew, which did anyone notice Donyelle from Season 2 of SYTYCD was on there? She was in the group of "big girls" who loved to dance. And I watched 2 episodes of The Closer which is getting really good people. You are missing something if you aren't watching this show, well not really, you are just missing some pretty good writing and good cop storylines. And I watched Entourage, which Yay Mark Wahlberg! Tom Brady! Good episode. In my snot filled haze, that's all I can really remember. I still have the season finale of Law and Order CI on the DVR, I hope to get to that tonite.

Finally!
I finally saw Harry Potter! Aren't you all so proud of me?!? I was uber excited. I laughed, I cried, I thought it was the best one yet. Even though it had a lot cut out and changed, it really was for the best and felt organic and needed for the movement of the story. It didn’t as much like a complete bastardizing of the originally story like it did in Order of the Phoenix. I really enjoyed it. Now I'm trying to figure out when I can see that District 9 movie, it looks so good!

I'm up to my ears in friggin tomatoes
Another 6 quarts of tomato sauce (for lasagna on the 30th) and I still have what seems to be hundreds of tomatoes. I send a ton home with my mom yesterday. Anyone need tomatoes? Note to self, six plants are not necessary if Seth plants the garden next year.

Best Mommy ever
My husband and I were invalids yesterday and my mom brought us dinner. Not only did she hand deliver dinner, but she brought it from Old Chicago so it was extra comforting and yummy. I know she had a million things to do yesterday so it meant a lot that she took the time to do that and even sit and talk for a couple minutes, without acting like I was going to give her the bubonic plague. Thanks Mom!

The in-laws are coming! The in-laws are coming!
My in-laws are staying the night Saturday night, they have a wedding in Omaha. It's going to be so weird because they NEVER stay with us. We have begged them before and they wouldn't. So it's going to be uber strange to actually have them stay. I have to sucker someone into cleaning up my guest room for them. Ha. Where is my husband??
I also have grand plans of trying to make lasgana noodles this weekend, but we will see how that goes. Kathy's birthday is this week and I'm not sure what we are doing for that yet!

Ugh…sniff sniff
Sorry this is short, but as you might have expected, I have a lovely allergy fog around my head and a stack of work on my desk that requires what little attention span I have. Plus if my sinus pressure keeps growing at the rate it's moving right now, I'll probably be going home at lunch.

Love (to be able to breathe normally and get a full nights rest),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. i hope you get to feeling better! do you have a netti pot? if you don't, now is the time to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm perking up. And no, my mom has one of those netti pots and they scare the CRAP out of me. Maybe that's because after my nose job I'm terrified to stick things up my nose!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.