Thursday, August 13, 2009

What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death.

Hey Hey Hey.
It's Thursday. *insert something witty here about Thursday's*
My brain is on auto pilot yet again today, so you get whatever word vomit's up today again.

Oh sleep!
Okay I am seriously not getting enough sleep. I really wish I could take the opportunity to sleep this entire weekend, but of course, I can't. We are actually booking up quickly for the next couple of weekends. Next weekend is Chet's 21st birthday, but I think only Seth is going up to Columbus for that.

Music
Currently, because of my XM, I am being exposed to new songs. One of the songs I recently found myself liking was Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody". I also like The Script, who I just learned opened for U2.

TV
Last night I watched the Philanthropist because I was upstairs in bed and it was the only channel that I had something taping that I could watch upstairs (the other shows are on BBC America which only comes in on our cable box.) Anyway, that show is really good. I really enjoy it. I don't know if it got renewed since it was a show that was a favorite of the old head of NBC who recently got fired for spending too much on production, so I don't know if it will come back because it seems like a high production movie. But seriously I love the cast and the storylines, and I always learn a little something. Like that Haiti used to make rice but now it all gets imported from the US.
I also watched Conan because I was waiting for Seth to get all of his stuff done and into bed, and Gordon Ramsey was on and they were so cute together. They made baked Alaska, which I've never had, but seen and I had NO idea baked Alaska had ice cream in it. Huh. I can't believe fall tv season starts in a little under a month. I'm so not ready! I need to get Kings off my DVR! You can find my fall TV schedule here, if you would like to follow along with what I'm going to be watching this year. I may need to update that-I like some of the new show previews they have been pimping out.
I've recently had an aversion to hanging out in my basement, and I swear if we had a nicer TV in our upstairs living room, I'd make Seth bring up the DVR box. For some reason recently, I just don't like being down there. I think though, once the weather changes and I can start snuggling under blankets it might get better. Maybe it's the couches? Who knows? I'm strange like that. Oh before I forget-Mad Men starts Sunday!!

Succubus Garden
Is a tomato MACHINE. Do you need tomatoes? Seriously, please come get some. I have tomatoes I don't even know what to do with. I've already made close to 2 gallons of tomato sauce. I'm running out of ideas.

Food
All I can think about all the time is food. Lately mostly Biaggi's. The other day I literally found myself drooling and dreaming about Chammps, which doesn't exist in Omaha anymore but they had the BEST waffle fries and dipping sauce. Oh, Oh and in college my friend Julie made this cheese bread, and I have no idea what she had on it besides cream cheese, but she put it on the grill and it was heavenly. Don't get me started on French fries, you could be here for days. Oh man when I was a kid in Augsburg, we used to eat at the golf course a lot because my parents hung out there a lot and they had the BEST kaesespaetzle (basically mac and cheese) and salads. Kathy can vouch, that was the BEST food ever. Once after we moved, we tracked down the chef and went to his new restaurant and ordered the same food. It was still amazing. I think it started my awe of chefs.

Bing
So I used Bing Travel because I saw it on the Philanthropist last night and it looked easy to use and we are currently looking for our flight to NYC to visit my Aunt Natalia and go to the Giants game. It was a little confusing at first, and of course the cool feature that tells you when is the best time to fly didn’t work for me so that torked me off. But all and all it was okay, it just seemed like google, but with fancier buttons. Oh and it wasn't even the cheapest flight, cheapotickets.com had a cheaper one by like 60 bucks.

Time is not on my side
Lord, SERIOUSLY? It's only 9:30? I'm paying back some hella time karma today. Seth is actually going to be home tonite and I'm uber excited about it, so I want to get to that part of the day. I need to make his gross cheeseburger dip for his potluck tomorrow. Hopefully I can get thru that without throwing up or making a reference to it looking like neon cat barf.

The Time Travelers Wife
Okay seriously, that commercial makes me cry every time it comes on. I will probably never be able to see that movie. The whole concept gets me all welled up. I cried during HARRY POTTER, so much so a small child moved away from me and sat on his mom's lap because the scary lady next to him was sobbing hysterically when Hermonie was upset that Ron was being a jerk and she secretly loves him. It might be that Lifehouse song though, I do love that Lifehouse song.

More new job ridiculousness
So my new job needs my high school diploma when I come on Monday. For what? And how in the hell am I supposed to know where my high school diploma is?!?! I called my mom last night and she tracked down my college one, so I hope that works, since they generally don't let you into college without a high school diploma. I was shocked she knew where that was. I didn't! I also had to school the lady because she was literally reading me the list of I-9 approved documents and finally I got fed up and was like, I can just bring my passport and that's all you will need. And she was like, um…like she didn't believe me. If there is one thing I learned how to do at Tek it was fill out an effing I-9. If you filled it out wrong headquarters strung you out about it. It was part of my "bonus" how many I-9's corporate returned to my office. I wonder if they will have to do the E-Verify on me. Probably not. Since they weren't even sure if my passport would work as an acceptable document. Now that I think about it, I need to get a new passport, mine is still in my maiden name…

Wow!
I rambled more than 1000 words to you all today, and that's without even pasting from other sites or referencing anything. Go me! Alright I'll leave your tired little eyes alone for the day. Hope you have a good one! The weekend is almost here! Tomorrow is Kathy's birthday!

Love (generally food at the moment…),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about The Time Travelers Wife--especially after they just got married and then he disappears! I was like, what?! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cry at the part where she is giving birth and she's saying something like 'i wouldn't have missed any of these moments for the world' or something like that...i tear up EVERY TIME!! i have to go see that!! wanna come down to kc for a girls movie night? we can double take and go watch g-force in 3D too!! puhlease?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.