Friday, August 28, 2009

You know it's going to be a long boring day when you are jealous that your computer at work goes to sleep and you can't.

Woot! Woot! Friday is finally here, man it’s been a long week hasn’t it?

TV
Last night my brother in law Chet was over (he does our yard work-bless him) and so I had to turn over the remote once again to the gridiron goons. It would have been okay if we were watching a halfway decent team, but both of them sucked pretty bad.

Weekend plans
I’m so excited for Fantasy Lasagna, but I’m also excited for my parents Jazz on Our Green. I’m not sure if that is because I have grand plans of suckering Seth into getting Subway again (yum) or just to be able to actually participate this year (the year before we were in Sioux Falls and last year it rained and everyone had to move inside). Tonite we have to pound out a couple more racks of noodles, go to Bakers and Walmart, and relax. Saturday before we go to Jazz I’m going to assemble the lasagna so all I have to do is throw it in the oven (I had an epiphany last night, I don’t know why I thought I had to wait until right before I baked it to assemble it, last night it was like, oh yeah, I can just assemble it and throw it in the fridge-duh). Then Sunday I just have to throw the salad in a bowl and set the dressings out (I decided not to put the dressing on the salad because some people don’t like a vinegar based dressing) and get the bread in the oven. *sidebar* so I always get way more exciting about cooking when I know I’m preparing a big meal, and low and behold, all of the supplies I need are on sale at the grocery store. I was pretty excited because I’ve been scratching this lasagna together for about 3 weeks now, and every week when I work on a new ingredient, I go to the store, fingers crossed and bonus! Milk is on sale for ricotta, cheese in on sale for filler, broth is on sale for sauce. It worked out so nice. *end sidebar* Anyway needless to say, I’m very very excited to finally present my piece de resistance after a month of planning. Sunday the food gets served at 1 and the draft starts at 2.

Oh deer.
So it’s SUPER foggy out, like almost creepy foggy, like I was sitting in my car trying as hard as I could NOT to recount that movie “The Fog” so to not freak myself out while I was driving. All the sudden in the immediate distance (because what more could I see?) I saw a something flailing around. It was a deer, who had been hit by a car, and was on the side of the road and not quite dead. It was the saddest thing ever, I sobbed all the way to work. I felt like I should have done something, but pretty much what would have happened was I would have got out of my car and just cried over the deer and that probably wouldn’t have helped the deer much anyway.

Hair cookie
So routinely, as mentioned, in my new job we get random gifts of food. Yesterday it was giant rice krispy treats, today it was homemade cookies. I took two from the gentlemen’s container and dug right in while everyone stood around and chatted. All of the sudden I heard a weird tearing noise from the cookies and I pulled it out of my mouth to see a giant thick hair in it, like a dog’s whisker type hair. I turned and hauled back to my desk and promptly came thisclose to vomiting in my trash can. Something about hair in food sets me off. A while back when I made that ricotta gnocchi L’ara came over and found a hair in hers, and just thinking about it today still makes me sick to my stomach. Later the person who made them came by to see if I liked the cookies and I just said yes. What am I supposed to do, tell them to keep their dog out of the cookie dough? *retches*

Great Blog
Dear friend Jenny M sent me this blog link today, and as if the deer thing wasn’t enough to set me off to weeping at work mode today, this put me over the edge. I love stuff like this. I’m currently seeing that the rest of the blog is like-thanks Jenny!
http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html

Lunch sucks a bunch
I’m sad, I don’t want to eat my lunch, it’s the same thing I’ve eaten for the last three days, soup. Usually I’m down with this lunch, but today I’m not feeling it. Today I wish I had brought something different. So now I’m pouting about eating my lunch in an hour. Even though I know if I don’t I will get all sick to my stomach and grumpy.

Okay seriously blogger.com?
So occasionally, when the day starts to run out of interesting stuff to do, I go to my blog and if you see up at the top there is a little link that says “next blog” and I hit that over and over until I find interesting ones. Most of the time they are scary ones or ones that have like one entry or the most annoying ones of all-not in English (the Spanish have a surprising number of Twilight blogs) Today I’ve hit the button at least 15 times, and 8 of those times this blog keeps coming up http://bluegrassjam2.blogspot.com/ it made me giggle. I’ll warn you if you attempt this, have some patience because they will rotate the same 6 or 7 blogs over and over. It’s annoying really, and sometimes blogs don’t have the next button and you have to hit back and hit next again. If you find any good blogs let me know!

Look at the time
Well now, it’s much later than usual when I post this, I hope you all aren’t anxiously awaiting my rambles. Sorry to keep you in suspense, I went for a walk around the plant this morning to run errands while it was still cool out. I hope you all have a marvelous weekend and it’s full of love and fun stuff…and relaxation, because that’s important too.

Love (Fantasy Lasgana almost being here!),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.