Thursday, August 27, 2009

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.

One more day until the weekend starts (well two work days, but let’s not think about that) hang in there everyone!

Cool night weather-hooray!
It was so nice waking up this morning with a bite on the air. I might have to go dig out the winter duvets and start airing them out this weekend. The kidtens have started sleeping with us again, since our output of 1000 degrees of body heat is welcome now. Now when I fall asleep this is very comforting, but at 3 in the morning when it feels like my legs are going to fall off and there is a 20+ pound cat trying to snuggle right in the V in my lady bits, I’m not very comfortable at all. It was cute when they were actually kittens, but now they are these huge long 20+ pound cats and they can’t be bothered to sleep in between us or at the foot of the bed, no they have to sleep all tangled up in our legs. And somehow I always get Willow, who wakes up at 5 and starts playing with your legs if you move them under the covers. I looked longingly over at Bagheera and Seth who had worked out a nice weave where Bags wasn’t quite pressing all 20+ pounds on Seth’s legs and looked all cute and comfy and dead asleep. Willow was using my toes for chew toys. Seriously Dad, please take my cat.

Fantasy Weekend is closing in!
We HAVE to make the rest of the noodles tonite if they are going to dry in time. Friday or Saturday I’m going to mix the cheese and cook the meat so then all I have to do is assemble and bake on Sunday morning. I also am going to mix the dressing for the Olive Garden salad on Saturday. I’ve decided to wimp out and just buy garlic bread since mine always stinks anyway. Plus I felt the need to add a dessert of some kind, so I’ve been ruminating on that. I might just get one of those delicious chocolate cakes that Pam and Jason brought us from Walmart that one time ages ago.

TV
Last night Seth was in a foul mood so he got control of the remote. We watched NFL Live on ESPN and Big Bang Theory. Later when he went upstairs I watched Tiny and Toya (was that the season finale? NOOOOO!!! I hope not!) and fast forwarded thru most of Intervention. Nothing too interesting to comment on there. I know fall TV is going to start up next month, so I need to get stuff off my DVR!

Rant
Okay so I try not to blog to much about work on here, just for safety’s sake but I’ve got a rant that I need to get out and I’ll try to leave it as vague as possible. Usually I don’t have much complaining to do about my job, because I love it, but recently I started a new position at my company and am struggling to adjust and make a name for myself. Last week I was given a task that I had done in my old position daily, so I knew it pretty well. I realized we were in violation of one of the site rules with the way we were storing the documents. I brought it to the attention of my superiors and waited for instruction. Three days later I got antsy and decided to take it upon myself to find a safe place to store the documents until some resolution was made on the documents. I went to my old group and asked for help, since I knew they had a lot of available storage. Apparently there is a lot of animosity between my old group and my new group. When my old group came over to help me move the boxes and boxes of documents to the other building, the shit hit the fan. One person in particular started freaking out and being really rude and condescending to me. By the time the hullaballoo was over (I was right by the way, the whole time) I informed my boss of some of the disrespectful and mean things this person said and how it really perturbed me. One comment in particular was about how “new people think they can come in and change things”, I’m not new, I’ve worked here on and off for over 5 years, rules are rules. So long story short, and vague, the next day the bosses sent this person’s “partner” (they person who works with her) over to apologize to me. Which made me a little pissy because the person is not five, can apologize for them self, and by not making the person apologize, you are telling them it’s okay to disrespect and talk to coworkers like that. But then, the CAKE was when this partner says after the apology, “you have to cut this person some slack, he/she is having problems with his/her spouse this week”. I’m sorry, but when I come to work, I check my personal life and problems at the door. I don’t bring it here. And even if I did, it’s NEVER an excuse to be disrespectful and treat a coworker like shit. I don’t take my work home and treat my husband like that and vice versa for work. The whole thing just struck a cord with me. This isn’t the first time in my life I’m supposed to condone and let someone get away with talking to me in a disrespectful manner because I’m younger or haven’t been with the company as long as they have because they are having problems at home. I just wanted to rant about how I think it’s a totally weak sauce excuse and seriously, shouldn’t be allowed at all.
But I’m internalizing and growing past it, and just ranting to you all instead of beating the person in the head with my shoe, like I totally would have done in college. Because I’m grown now. Rant over, thanks for listening.

Off to the races!
Okay all, I’ve actually got a little work to do, so I’m going to get to doing that. Hope you all have a speedy work day and enjoy the evening!

Love (the cooler nights),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. What is this Olive Garden salad you speak of? What do you put in it and what's in the dressing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a salad assembled like an Olive Garden one (complete with grated parm cheese) and I googled "Olive Garden Salad Dressing recipie" and found one, the ingredients are kind of strange, like Mayo, but it's worth a shot, worse comes to work I'll just use some Good Seasonings Italian like my mom uses!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.