Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Doing nothing is very hard to do ... you never know when you're finished.

Tuesday. Huh. I got nothing witty other than-ugh.

TV
Last night we watched Design Star and America’s Best Dance Crew. I’m trying as hard as I can, but I just can’t get into ABDC. This is my second year trying to watch it, and I originally started watching it for the love of Shane Sparks, but I get really irritated that the choreographers are given the shaft. People those crews do not come up with their routines on their own. They have choreographers, notably, NappyTabs from So You Think You Can Dance. And since SYTYCD was my first dance show addiction, I WORSHIP choreographers, as SYTYCD taught me to do. How do I know NappyTabs choreograph? I may or may not be twitterstalking them, whatever, shh don’t judge. Also, I kind of hate the judges on ABDC. Like who is Lil Mama to judge dance crews? As far as I remember, she did that song about Lip Gloss and is a pro at looking and talking like Lil Kim. That’s about it. And JC? Okay he may know choreographed dancing, but remember ABDC doesn’t admit to actually using chorographers, and also, his comments can sometimes be stupider than Lil Mama’s. Even Shane sometimes I’m like please, stop talking, please. Anyway.
Design Star was good. I really like Antonio and Dan. They are my favorites. I thought they had the two best kids rooms. Antonio with that little five year old cracks me up though. But the strangest part of the whole night is when they had some “guest famous person surprise the designers in the middle of their last couple of hours (that must have been so annoying) and I’m like who the hell is that guy? And Seth is like he’s a really buff gay dude with his own color show on HGTV-and then he proceeded to TELL me about the show and all the preferences of buff gay guy, and how often buff gay guy works out to get that buff (he really was super buff). I was stunned. Like how do you know this? (I figured he read about it in one of his fitness magazines) He says I sometimes leave the tv on HGTV when I go to take my bath at night-which I can only actually recall ever doing like ONCE. So anyway, my husband stunned me last night.

Autumn
Have a pontificated this week on how excited I am for fall to start? I can’t wait for the leaves to start turning and the air to get a little bite and my light jackets to start making an appearance out of the closet. For the days to start to get shorter and the sun to pop up later (making my drive to work and home SO much better because I’m not staring directly into the sun the entire way there). For Halloween and Thanksgiving and my dead Grandma’s Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations to be dug out of wherever Seth stashed them last year. I can’t wait to go for walks with Seth in the park and not sweat so bad I need to lie down when I get home. For our Sunday Family Dinner to start including more soups (Garlic Soup!) and heartier cooler weather foods. Oh and to cook chili! I can’t wait to start making batches of chili again! And also for the succubus garden to give me my dang pumpkins and then die never to return. (At least if I get a vote)

A year? Really?
Next month Seth and I will celebrate or first wedding anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been a year. So much has happened and so much MORE is going to change next year. It has been a year of ups and downs but I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done them with anyone else *cue sappy music*. The first anniversary (I finally looked it up) gift is traditionally paper and modernly clocks, so I will have to rack my brain for something brilliant. You help.

Our House, is a very fine house
I don’t know if this is my Army Brat or frequent mover background, but whenever I’m reading something in a book about a random room, especially if the room isn’t described well, I automatically think of rooms I’ve previously lived in. I noticed this is much worse when a person is describing a house they are thinking of buying to me. For example the other day Kathy was talking about a master bath being awesome in an open house they went to, and instead of like looking up said master bath in a picture on the MLS site, I automatically thought of my parents master bath in Peachtree City Georgia. In one of the books I’m reading they often hang out in a living room and in my head, it’s the formal living room from our house in Belgium. In my other book I’m reading, the main kid characters share a tiny room together, and I think of the room I shared with my brother when we lived in the trailer in Arizona. Is that weird? Do people who lived in their house their whole childhood do that too?

Swine flu decisions
Okay so they came out today and said over half the country is going to get swine flu and 90 thousand are probably going to die from it. And the people it seems to hit the hardest is people my age. But here’s the thing, I’m super anti flu shot. Mostly because I hate getting shots, and also because almost everyone person I know gets some mild form of the flu after they get it. I don’t know if it’s psychological or what, but it happens. I’ve never gotten the flu shot and I’ve never gotten the flu, and I’m hesitant, especially now that I KNOW that it’s a three series shot for the H1N1 flu AND they are still freaking testing it. So anyway, it’s the current thing on my mind, since I don’t want to die of the swine flu and all, but I don’t want to inject myself with crazy concoctions either…if I wanted to do that I’d start doing meth or something.

Good Deal
Do you have a college sports fan in your house? Amazon is offering-today only, in the Gold Box Deal, a hoodie and a t-shirt for 22.99 from 90 of the NCAA teams. I would say they are the football teams, but I don’t know that for sure or anything. But keeping in the fall theme with football and cool weather and my little ode to Autumn above, if you have a college sports fan, this is a great deal. I already got like 3 people crossed off my Christmas list with it.

Challenge
So I don’t know if you noticed (you probably haven’t) that I’ve been trying to write more for you all, since I always feel guilty when I have these teeny little post days. Anyway for the rest of this month and next month I’m challenging myself to write 1000 words per post. I’ve also tried to minimize my go to subject of television and write more of what’s in my head…not that I’m going to stop writing about TV, but right now there isn’t much on and I was spending whole posts talking about TV shows I barely watched and am not keeping up with week to week, in the summer I tend to let them build up and watch a bunch in a row, so that’s also why separate shows have been getting consolidated into one section. So far I have hit the mark this week. I wasn’t really paying attention last week. It helps right now that I have the time to do it. But just in case you wondered why I have gotten so wordy.

Thunderstorms!
Word on the street is we are supposed to get some thunderstorms this afternoon and tonite! I do love a good thunderstorm. Here’s hoping it doesn’t get severe on my drive home. It probably will though, knowing my track record with driving in storms.

And when you come to the end, stop.
That’s all out of this noggin friends. Hope you have a speedy Tuesday!

Love (challenges and goals I can actually meet),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.