Friday, August 21, 2009

I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.

Hooray world! We made it thru another week. Well almost, I mean we still have to make it thru the working part of this day, but then it’s the weekend! I hope you have lots of good stuff on tap. I do!

Top Chef
We watched this last night while I was enjoying one of the best Subway Veggie subs I’ve had in a long time and I was super stoked! I actually love a lot of the new cast. My stand out favorite is Kevin, of course, because he’s funny and his food actually sounds edible. I also LOVED that Wolfgang Puck was a guest judge. My mom and I once went to one of his restaurants (either in Chicago or Las Vegas, I can’t remember which) and the food was AMAZING. Plus he threw a bacon donut across the room, which makes him kick ass because those bacon donuts looked gross. The one guy who I couldn’t stand who got on my very last nerve was that Michael guy, I think his name was Michael, you know the guy who was all cocky and saying he couldn’t believed a woman beat him. He was one of the top 4 winners, which means that they will keep him around just to perturb me. We also watched the Top Chef Masters finale and I was please that Rick Bayless won. Although I think Huber (sp?) Keller should have come in second place. I totally would have eaten Michael whatever his last name was gnocchi though-I was so excited when he said one was ricotta gnocchi! I was like Seth! I made that! (See the pictures here.) And I felt all professional and chefy and proud of myself all the rest of the show. What did you all think? Did you catch Top Chef? Are you excited it’s back? Who are your favorites? Who can you not wait to get kicked off?

Things I love about my CRV so far
-It’s getting amazing gas mileage, right now I’m getting 30 mpg!
-The XM radio, hands down the coolest part of the car
-Auto up and down driver window (VUE only had down)
-6 CD changer in the dash, even if I can’t remember what CD’s are in there
-Controls for the stereo on the steering wheel
-The little compartment in my dash that holds my purse
-3 sunglasses storage places
-The onboard in dash computers are pretty handy

Things I don’t love about my CRV
-The thing that tells me how fast I’m going, it only goes in increments of 20, so I have no idea where like 25 or 45 are. Let alone 30 or 50.
-The sunroof, I still haven’t gotten that down, I like to have it open but the sun that shines thru is awful and can’t be blocked by sunglasses.
-The delay in me pushing the controls on the steering wheel to when the radio receives them.
-Manual seat adjusting, this thing has 7 on board computers and you could put in a motor to move my fat butt closer to the wheel?

Things I don’t like about my new job
-It’s like a graveyard over here, super quiet
-It smells like mildew
-Every 20 minutes my computer starts making this squeeling noise that sounds like someone is murdering my hard drive, and no amount of pounding on the computer can fix it and of course it never does it when anyone else is around
-None of my stuff is set up, so I can’t do much
-The lights are off right now, and I don’t know how to turn them on, which I don’t mind, I like it darker since the windows are so big and bright, but that gives every creepy old guy the change to walk by and ask me why I’m sitting in the dark and then insert their uniquely funny comment afterwards.
-I miss my peeps in Document Control. They talk to one another and they make it smell nice over there and they have popcorn breaks and all my stuff worked and I knew what I was doing and I did it well and my computer never sounded like a homicide in progress. Did I mention that the people over there were/are awesome? I miss being able to stand up and walk into one of their cubes and get snacks and cookies and talk about stupid stuff.

Things I like about my new job
-I have windows, three giant ones to be exact
-There is a giant fern that I can hide behind and still spy on people who are walking around and in the library
-They have the best ice machine over here, it makes that little sonic style ice
-No one really bothers me ever
-The work is pretty mindless
-At the moment, I’m not having to sit under harsh florescent lights

Fun new blog
I’ve found a new blog to stalk, it’s called Crazy Texas Mommy and the lady is pretty hilarious. Because I’m doing nothing interesting at the moment, I’ve been catching up on the backlog of her stuff. She’s pretty hilarious, check her out! The post about Polygamy is pretty great.

Random Thoughts I totally agree with
Dear Friend Jenny M sent me this random thoughts email this morning and I agreed with so many of them I decided to share. The ones I starred are ones that actually happen to me regularly.
-I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
-*More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
-*I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
-There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
-*How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (I saw this on Martha Stewart once, watched it twice, and still have no idea how to do it.)
-*I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
-Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
-How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
-I love the sense of camaraderie when a n entire line of cars teams up to prevent a dick from cutting in at the front.
-*MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. (My Garmin does too!)
-*I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
-Bad decisions make good stories. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
-Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
-*You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
-Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
-Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
-It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.
-*I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
-* The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimate d that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat bastard before dinner.
Hee-Hee, thanks Jenny!

Epic Fail
It’s only 9:40. Wow. I don’t even know what to do with that. I guess I should start napping under my desk or something. Alright well everyone have a great weekend, hopefully mine is nice and relaxing and I get everything done I want to!

Love (random thoughts),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. you could just put the plant in front of you to nap so you can be inconspicuous and blend in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you checked out this blog?

    http://skattershooting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added your suggestion to my blog roll karie-thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.