Thursday, August 20, 2009

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.

Hello and welcome to Thursday’s blog entry!
I was kind of shocked when I woke up this morning and realized it was Thursday. I think since I only did a half a day yesterday at work I was thrown off.

A side note
For the record, there is something old and wonky about my computer at home, so if you leave me a comment after I left work, I can’t comment back until the next day, or until I boot up Seth’s computer and go thru Fort Knox type security just to open a web page to answer you. So just know, I’m not ignoring you, I’m just incapable of responding at home. I hope to have Seth fix the computer at home by replacing it sometime soon.

More naked face
So in response to lovely Jeni Friend’s comment from yesterday at about my naked face- My mom is a Mary Kay lady, sort of. She’s one of those Mary Kay ladies who just does the minimum order so she can get the discount. So I get all my face wash, moisturizer, and make up for free from her. Can’t beat that! She also gives Seth all his face care stuff too. Although I do feel very guilty about it, and totally plan on winning the lotto and paying her back. Anyway, I have VERY oily skin and about 6 years ago I started getting this horrible painful cysts on my face that were like zits that couldn’t come to a head because they were trapped in an endless cycle of my greasy skin. Pinching them made them worse and oozy and more painful. So my mom asked her friend who sold Mary Kay for advice. At this time I was only washing my face at night and not using moisturizer. I think I was alternating between Avon (my grandma is an Avon lady) and Johnson and Johnson (my Aunt Nat works for them). So the Mary Kay lady friend gave me new stuff to try and it worked, I haven’t had a cyst since. My mom was so shocked by the practically overnight transformation that she became a Mary Kay lady and tried to hock it for awhile. Then I got into all the extra stuff. Like I used to do a day time crème, a nighttime gel, eye stuff, moisturizer. Now I just wash my face three times a day (morning, after work, night) and use moisturizer. I use the zit crème if I need it. So that’s my routine.

Weekend Plans
Somehow I got roped into making my mother a batch of ricotta at her house. I’m not sure how that happened. I think I told her I didn’t have a lot of time this weekend to have family dinner on Sunday (I was trying to see her Saturday while Seth was in Columbus for Chet’s birthday) and it turned into me coming over earlier on Sunday before family dinner and making her ricotta while I make my own. Which is fine, I’ll make a mess in her kitchen. I’m just worried that I won’t have room for all the ingredients in my fridge, it’s not easy to fit two gallons of milk, 2 quarts of buttermilk, and 2 quarts of half and half in a fridge.Seth and I still have to find time to make more noodles, which I’m 67% sure isn’t going to happen. Seth seems to think he is coming home early on Sunday (which he has NEVER done in his life unless I’m nagging him) or getting up early on Saturday to make them before he leaves (which might happen-it depends on when we get to bed Friday). I’m currently trying to decide what sides sound good with grilled brats, which is what we are making for Cheeto and Whitney who are coming over Friday night. So far I have sauerkraut, a salad, and cheesy mash potatoes, but that all sounds kind of boring. I’m obsessed with sides, you know, since it’s the only part I really eat.

Subway!
I’ve elicited a promise from Seth that we can have Subway tonite after grocery shopping. I totally blame Pam for this for reminding me the other day how much I love and miss eating Subway every Sunday. I swear I did it for about 3 years. They used to have a special that Pam and I would get where it was buy one footlong get one free at the Subway on 84th, so we would go and have lunch and dinner and just sit on the couch in our track suits and watch TV all day long. Those were the days…*sigh*. Later when Seth and I moved to Sioux Falls, we used to wake up right before the football games started on Sunday, dashed to Subway (the people there knew our order) and hurry back and eat our sandwiches and snuggle on the couch (I fell asleep) and watch football. Thinking about those days makes me miss Sioux Falls a lot. That and when the weather is really hot, I miss fall and winter in Sioux Falls because I remember I didn’t know anyone around me and didn’t care so I wore a lot of huge sweatpants and Seth’s old football hoodies everywhere. I remember being very comfy.

Octomom
So seriously, did anyone watch this last night on ABC? I ran across it while I was waiting for Seth to come to bed. That woman…well I learned a lot. You can tell she is/was a psych major because she’s constantly analyzing herself and her family and her actions and using typical psych words. She a lot more…educated then I realized. And also I learned that she was going to like, lose the embryo’s she had frozen, so it was a use them or lose them thing, and she couldn’t bring herself to destroy them, so she had them all implanted, never thinking they would take. The other thing I learned was that she really, really, loves kids. Even kids that just come up to her, like she’s one of those people who can really turn it on for kids. Like if this women was your kid’s teacher you would love her because she treats kids with respect but can talk to them on their level. I dunno, it was strange, because she’s obviously overwhelmed and a little nutso, but she knows it.

Two more days!
Alright kids, hang in there, it’s only two more days until the weekend!!! Well two and a half if you count that the morning has already almost gone by (I’m trying to be optimistic, it really hasn’t.)

Love (Subway Sundays and Sioux Falls),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I wish you could email me your blogs daily...my work blocked the internet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to watch that segment on octomom and completely forgot!! thanks for sharing your facial remedy :) love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.