Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
It’s a LOVELY day out, it’s raining and overcast and just perfect for staying in bed and snuggling and reading books. Now why am I not there now?

Random breakfast thought
I was making my frozen multigrain waffles this morning and I was looking at the box and they had fancy fruit on the waffles. Seriously, who puts fruit on their frozen waffles that they heat up in the toaster? I’d like to meet that person and shake their hand. I’ve put fruit on waffles that come off a fancy buffet when the fruit is sitting right there next to the waffle iron (and also the whipped cream, ooo I love whipped cream) but not at home when I pull frozen waffles out of the freezer and throw them in the toaster and eat them in my car on the way to work. I don’t even know if you can get kiwi at Bakers in Omaha. I know you can get it at Whole Foods…anyway it was a random thought I had this morning.

TV
We watched Big Bang Theory and Top Chef last night with dinner. I’m super excited that normal Top Chef starts soon! Like this week I think, tonite maybe. I also watched Intervention with the slacker heroin brothers and the family that enabled them and wanted to punch them all in the face. I fast forwarded thru most of the show. I also watched the first 10 minutes of Mad Men and that was good. I’m looking forward to next week. And of course, the only thing I have taping on Tuesday nights, Tiny and Toya, with its lovely insights. This week I learned that you have to have a strong circle of people to make strong choices, or something like that, I’m not sure, I just liked the idea of having a strong circle. I’m working on building mine.

I’m naked!
So for the second day in a row I’ve forgone any form of foundation or powder. I’m still wearing eye shadow so it looks like I’m wearing make up, but I was having the worst breakouts and I really thought it was due to the fact that its summer and sweaty and I was just layering on the cover up in the morning. I’ve come to the point where I wash my face three times a day, in the morning, when I get home from work, and at night. I figured I should stop wasting my mom’s money and only use the foundation/powder when I am doing something fancy. No one at NPP cares if I wear it. Heck most of the women don’t. So anyway it’s an experiment. I just got tired of going into the bathroom at work midday and having to wipe the layer of grease and make up off my forehead. And the breakouts were bananas. So far, so good, I’ll keep you updated.

Books
I just finished “The Chess Machine” and it was really good. I also was trying to plow thru a book in my bathroom called “Falling Slowly” and it was just too much and I gave up. I’m now reading “Vinegar Hill” in bed and “A Secret History” in the bathtub. I really need to finish that Amish Grace book though. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but I know that it really helps out when I need to find a nice center of balance. So I keep it in the office and read it while I’m waiting for Seth to finish up on the computer.

Weekend
So far it looks like we are grilling with Cheeto and Whit on Friday and catching up with them. Some time Saturday Seth is headed to Columbus to celebrate Chet’s 21st birthday and I am probably going to go have dinner at my parents and see their vacation pictures, they are in Wyoming right now visiting family and relaxing (and having a good time it sounds like!) Sunday hopefully Seth comes back at a decent time and we can work on ricotta and noodle making!

Later gater!
I get to leave early today for a doctor check up (yay early nap!) so I’m pretty excited about that. That probably means though that I should do some work, huh? Hope you all are having a lovely day and the weather is exactly what you want it to be!

Love (rainy days and overcast skies),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. once a month i go without makeup for an entire week. only moisturizer and eye firmer-upper. it's also during this time that i put a face mask on to zap up any problem areas. the rest of the month i wear a tinted moisturizer. i wash my face with dove soap in the morning and proactive cleanser at night. this is what helps me...do you have a routine??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I feel like I'm so behind in your blogs haha. I see a dermo because of break outs and there is a great new cleanser that they sell at Walgreens that I'll have to get the name for you too. And if you're greasy you want to watch what kind of moisturizer you are using. I'm a very greasy person and I had to quit using liquid foundation. I get the pressed powder and it has helped greatly. I'll get back to you with the moisturizer I use and the cleanser. The moisturizer is from Sephora and you can ask them for a sample of it to see if it makes you greasy or not. Or you can just buy it and if you dont' like it return it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay the cleanser is Cerave. http://www.cerave.com/ Can be found at Walgreens.
    Moisturizer - http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P116805&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5715 (AMAZING!) Plus, it's all natrual!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.