Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We are born charming, fresh and spontaneous and must be civilized before we are fit to participate in society.

Happy Hump Day all, sorry I’m slow on the uptake. Things actually got hectic at work yesterday towards the afternoon and then they spilled over into my morning. I’m super proud of myself for not taking my shoe off and beating people to death with it. I think this means I have grown as a person. Even if I’m currently concocting a plan to never wear pants again.

TV
Last night I only had an hour or so to watch some tv. I watched “Entourage” while I was waiting for Seth to get home (I really have no idea where this season is going this year or what exactly they are trying theme here) and I watched “The Closer” in the 45 minutes I had before my other engagement (more on that in a moment). “The Closer” was super good. This season has been pretty great. Once they stopped focusing on the “team” and more on the cases and Brenda and Frtiz, the show has fallen into a really nice rhythm.

The Secretary is in
Last night was Seth’s first fantasy football draft for work, his practice one, he says, for the big game on Sunday. He got home later then he wanted, so we had to RUN to Target and get my prescriptions filled and get him a fantasy football magazine. The one we got included a lovely pull out with check boxes. Then we drove thru Taco Bell, they messed up our order so we got all that food free, plus the corrected order, plus free dessert things that I didn’t eat but Seth said were gross. (I pretty much abhor most things caramel. I don’t like the way it sticks to my teeth). I scarfed my food and watched the previously mentioned episode of “The Closer” and then ran back upstairs to be Seth’s Secretary. My job was to check the boxes off and read the stats to him of available players. We had so much fun. At one point he was hemming and hawing a pick and I reached over and clicked the button for him. He pretty much lost every guy I wanted, but granted, I only want people I know, even if they suck. And I wanted all the players from the Bengals since we have been watching Hard Knocks. I was really mad he didn’t’ get Chad Ocho Cinco, every round I said pick him and he said, he’s too far down and then he was gone. We had such a good time though. It was really fun bonding.

SO FRIGGIN EXCITED
Every morning I make Seth what we call and eggie sammich. Basically it’s a ham and cheese omelet on an english muffin. So anyway I’m going over my blog roll this morning and the lady at pinch my salt is going on and on about how easy it is and I roll my eyes and scoff, but then I read the whole article and it IS. And CHEAPER! (they just raised the prices of English muffins at Walmart) Literally you make the dough and bake it on a griddle. So simple. After my fantasy lasagna reign, I’m going to attempt to make and freeze these over the Labor Day weekend and give some to my folks because they love English muffins. I’ve included the convincing recipe below. If you try it let me know how it goes! I’m super excited!
http://pinchmysalt.com/2009/08/25/homemade-english-muffins/

Ted Kennedy
I got all emotional on the way to work this morning when I was listening to my fabulous XM CNN radio station talk about Ted Kennedy passing, which was weird for me since I didn’t really know anything about him. I think they whole Kennedy dynasty gets me all choked up. I switched over to BBC America and they were talking to the Prime Minister about him and about how he was awarded the “Sir” title by the queen and how he helped broker peace in Northern Ireland. So there are some facts I learned this morning, in between choking down the tears.

Lil Wayne is ruining songs
I remember a while back reading an article in Rolling Stone about Lil Wayne. I was alright with him, it was a good article, just your typical rapper who has too much money and not enough business cents at the moment. One part of the article stuck out to me though, that he spent the last couple years remixing and putting his voice on as many tracks as they would let him. That is becoming more and more evident as time wears on. For example, I’ve been jamming to this new song “Down” by someone whose name I can’t remember at the moment, but right toward the end of the song, here comes Lil Wayne with his half bleeped out lyrics about how good he is in bed, gross. It’s a good song until then, I usually turn it around then. So yeah, he’s driving me bananas and his voice is starting to grate on me. I also am now horribly biased because I watch Tiny and Toya, and Toya is his ex wife and basically he’s a dead beat dad. I just don’t like him as a person, he has two women pregnant right now. He’s going to end up like Flavor Flav with 29 kids and a reality show on VH1. Gross.

Rain, Rain, come and stay
Did I tell you it’s a lovely day here right now? I’m especially excited that I have these windows. It’s all dark (I mean really dark, people are making jokes about how it must be time to go home) and raining and thundering. It’s making the morning pass by most pleasantly. Hooray for the coming of Fall!

Toodles!
Alright friends! Hope all is right in your worlds and that you are having a productive hump day, or whatever kind of hump day it is you want to have. Personally I wish I was at home, in bed, reading my books, with no pants on. But that’s just me.

Love (rainy dark days),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. a pinch of salt is amazing; and i am going to make these english muffins next month for my bake from scratch recipe. thank you!! i'm so excited!! the song "down" is by 311...i believe that's the one you're referring to...we used to jam to it at grey's house when they would play stupid sonic the hedgehog on sega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah-Oh good old times in Ft. Leavenworth! No this is by a latin kid, Jay something or other. I saw the video the other day and I was like is that Jon B? And then I realized that half of this world has no idea who I'm talking about.
    You have to let me how the muffins go-it seems so simple doesn't it? Just put them on the griddle! Who knew??!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.