Friday, August 14, 2009

It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations.

Way, hey, hey. Happy Friday all! It's a bittersweet day for me as I pack up my desk and try to sucker someone into moving it to the other building for me. Plus I get to go to lunch-hooray!

Happy Birthday Kathy!
Today is Kathy's birthday. Remember she's one of my friends trying to sell a house? Well today is her *mumble mumble* birthday! Hooray! Happy Birthday Kathy. We are going to Johnny's Italian Steakhouse at Village Pointe to celebrate. Seth has to stay home because his project is due tonite at 11 pm and he has to do some final tweaking so he doesn't have a meltdown about it. And he has to clean the house for his parents visit Saturday. Chet is coming over too so we will have to go to the grocery store and get food because Chet could eat enough for an infantry division.

Speaking of food
This weekend I'm going to attempt to make the noodles for the lasagna. I'm very nervous but I looked at the recipe Bob gave me for food processor pasta dough and I'm more confident because a, it's really simple and b, the food processor does all the hard work, I just have to roll the dough thru the pasta machine thingy. Oh and find a place to dry it. That reminds me I should call my dad and see if he still has that sweater drying rack we had when I was in like 11th grade…I'm sure it hasn't survived one of my mom's house purges.

Let's see what else?
In an effort to combat the funky smell in my basement that I think is keeping me from hanging out down there I washed all the pillows and blankets and then sprinkled carpet powder everywhere, including the couches. I'm wondering if that time Pam and I got really drunk and she power vomited on me at New Years might be coming back to haunt me now that the weather is warmer…
Holy crap on a cracker, its only 8:35? Booo that. Major boo that.
You know that old saying forgive and forget? I'm working on that, it's a lot harder than it looks on TV.
Now it's 8:36…
My desk is all packed up and it's making me sad.
You know what would be awesome right now? If I didn't have to wear pants, and if I was at home in my bed and it was raining and overcast and cool out.
Remember yesterday when I did MORE THAN 1000 words? I'm struggling to do more than 500 today.

Alright I quit
That's all I've got rattling around people! I hope you have a super fantastic marvelous weekend and I hope I do too.

Love (sleeping in),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.