Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The smaller the mind the greater the conceit.

Well hey there and good morning blog world. Happy Tuesday. I hope the week is going well for you, young as it is.

New Job
I started my new job this week. So far so good, although I haven’t really done anything monumental yet. Today is a busy day in the afternoon so we will see how that goes. It is very, very quiet in this building. I have a cube with a window now and it looks like every now and then they get lunch and cake for the training classes and then share the leftovers with us, so that’s exciting. I love free pizza and cake. I like my new chair. Now if I could just get a nap time over here, it would be perfect, or the ability to sleep in until I was ready to wake up and then get to come to work.

Succubus Garden
I’ve turned into THAT lady at work. I’m the lady bringing in cucumbers and tomatoes and begging people to take them. Like going cube to cube like a crazy bird feeder lady and begging people to take my veggie overflow. If my mom was in town I would give it all to her and tell her to put it on the veggie table at her church for people to take. Seriously people-Seth picked 2 bowls of tomatoes last night and 6 giant cucumbers. I just gave him a death stare like put those back and let them rot.

Status of Fantasy Lasagna
Okay so the tomato sauce is made, and about 16 of the noodles are made, the noodles were a lot tougher to do then I thought they would be. In fact I quit three times and threw a huge fit with tears over them not going as smoothly as when I did them with Bob. Seth swooped in and saved the day and I just snuffled and helped. We worked on it about 3 hours before we ran out of supplies. But he seems to have a system down. Hopefully we can get some more done this weekend while I work on the ricotta on Sunday. Otherwise the lasagna will have half homemade and half boxed.

Mad Men
Did you watch it? You either loved it or hated it. I didn’t see the first ten minutes so I have to go back and watch that on the DVR, but what I did see felt like a comfy smoking jacket. I love all the women’s clothes in the show.

Entourage
This was a good episode, although it’s starting to feel like the same formula over and over, things are going great, things fall apart. I loved the stuff with Ari though, he is definitely my favorite!

Blather
Alright that’s enough blather for today, sorry it’s all I have time for! I’ll try again tomorrow!

Love (to wear pajamas as my job),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. i hope you have a great week carrie! let us know how your job goes!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.