Thursday, August 6, 2009

People are, if anything, more touchy about being thought silly than they are about being thought unjust.

Good Morning. How's your Thursday going? Mine started the same. I woke up and thought "You know what would be MUCH better than going to work this morning? Staying in bed." But then I didn't want the guilt trip from Seth about how many bills we have and how the credit card bill is out of control and we really can't afford to let me lay around and maintain my sanity. So I got up.

SYTYCD
I'm going to call it now, I agree, it will either be Jeanie or Brandon. And I'm thinking Brandon since I tried to vote for him for almost 2 hours and couldn't get thru. Your thoughts?

Design Star
I'm catching up on Design Star. I watched the one where they designed kitchens (two weeks ago?) last night. Man those kitchens were bad. I wish they would get them the time to make them right. My kitchen is probably the one place in my house I would pay someone to remodel (the cabinets are gross) and I need good ideas!

Aerosmith
So Aerosmith was performing at Sturgis and Steven Tyler fell off the stage and hurt himself and had to be air lifted out of Sturgis. Wow. He's 61? Aerosmith is falling apart. I think they need to just give up touring and ride their awesome rollercoaster at Hollywood Studios instead. That's what I would do. You know they get to line jump if they want. Anyway I just thought I'd mention that people are getting airlifted out of Sturgis now. And not for knife fights or being run over by a motorcycle gang. Seriously is motorcycling even hardcore anymore? Everyone that I know that owns one is white upper class. There are tons of guys out here at NPP that ride their motorcycles, and trust, I don't think they litter-let alone own the road.

Fantasy…well Seth's, not mine
Seth is going to soon have his Fantasy Football League Draft. He does it live. He just got a fancy new whiteboard that will print people's teams once they figure out whatever mumbo jumbo it takes to make your teams. I really don't understand what's going on over there. What I do understand, and am super excited about, is cooking for 10+ people! It's been a while! So I've decided to make ricotta from scratch again, and homemade lasagna noodles and make some of my fantastic lasagna. I'm pretty excited about it. I think I'm going to try and have Seth have it on a Sunday (it will be in the next two weeks) so Friday night I can make the noodles and let them dry and Saturday night I can make the ricotta and let it settle and then Sunday morning I can assemble and bake. I think I need to do another round of tomato sauce cooking though for the lasagna. I like mine very saucey. I also plan on making the vegetarian one with fresh spinach (as opposed to the frozen I usually use which is always runny). So that's all very exciting and now I'm very excited for draft day. Which should be sometime in the next two weeks.

Home for sale redo
So NP Dodge put up MUCH better pictures of Kathy's house, so here's a better link for Kathy's house-
http://searchne.npdodge.com/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=20914127&searchkey=efeb6f0e-d808-976a-d7b4-09eb09d21689&npp=20&sr=1

Oh. Wow. Really?
So I got the permanent job at NPP. They just called me five seconds ago. I haven't processed a proper reaction yet. I'll get back to you…did I mention I talked about what I learned in marriage counseling for my communication skills and talked about my lack of bathroom door for 4 months and my cats? I seriously can' t believe they hired me. I'm in shock.

Onward and upward
Alright shiny peeps. I'm out. Have a great day!

Love (my XM radio),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. First, congrats on the job. Second, all that talk about lasagna is making me hungry! Stop that! :) Third, the pics of the house look the same...are they supposed to be different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm coming around to it! It should be a nice change. Now if I could just get them to pay me to sit at home in my underpants and watch tv and sleep.

    The first picture is different, it doesn't look technicolor like the one on the link before. Also this is the "official" seller's site, so it has more accurate information.

    I'm starving too. Seriously, and now all I want is lasgana!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.