Friday, August 7, 2009

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier.

Well hey there fellow Friday lovers. You know I was thinking…Friday's not all that great. You still have to go to work for 8 hours. Now Saturday, Saturday is my kind of day.

SYTYCD
Well look at the egg on my face. I will try not to ruin it for people who may still have it on their DVR's, but man, that one shocked me. Even Seth was shocked and he hasn't really seen a lot of this season. I'm super excited for next season though. I hope it's better than this one was. I've heard a lot of male ballet dancers has made it thru to Vegas, so maybe that's a good thing? I don’t know.

Thunder rolls
Man here in Omaha we had some GREAT thunderstorms last night. I wish I could have stayed in bed and watched them all night, but alas, sleep calls me willingly. It sure was nice though. Kind of like God's way of saying "here Carrie, I'm going to turn up the gas on the planet for the next couple of days, but here are some awesome thunderstorms to placate you." Thanks God.

More drug testing
I get to leave early today to do some drug testing. I'm very not excited about it. Remember last time I went? Twice? I wish they had made my appointment earlier. Then I could have left after lunch and had the afternoon to myself.

Looking for a nom nom
To celebrate my new job, I'm trying to get my dad and mom to go to dinner with me Saturday night. I'm trying to find a new Mexican restaurant in town with big portions and lots of cheese. So far I'm failing. My parents like "Margaritas" on 72nd, but their portions are too tiny. Any suggestions I'm open to Omaha area people. I just found this one and it looks pretty friggin amazing. http://www.riverasmf.com/menu.asp

Wow. Really?
Did you know Lysol kills HIV-1? I didn't. I just read it on the bottle. Apparently if you get HIV on your desk, the Lysol spray will kill it for you. Huh. How about that? I wish it didn't make me gag when I sprayed it, I'd carry it everywhere and spray everything. But all the smells remind me of the playhouse my grandma had when we were kids that was full of spiders. We thought spraying Lysol on the spiders would kill them. It didn’t. So what did we learn today? Lysol kills HIV but not spiders.

Weekend plans
Nothing to big going on this weekend, thank GOD. Hopefully dinner with my parents and getting to see Harry Potter on Sunday afternoon. Seth has his project due Monday, a homework assignment, and needs to study for his final. I'm glad this class is almost over! Master's classes are sucking the life out of him!

TV
Last night I watched The Philanthropist while I waited for Chet and Seth to finish working in the yard and running errands. What a good show. I don't think they are going to renew it and that makes me sad, but I really have been enjoying it. I also watched Top Chef Masters and I'm glad Art Smith is gone, although his food always looked really good. His personality kind of grated. Now if they could get rid of the woman with no personality whose cooking always seems half thought thru, I would be a happy lady! I think I want Hubert or that Michael guy to win. Rick Bayless bothers me too. Next week looks so good!!

Snooozzzzeee
I just got very, very sleepy all of the sudden. It must be the lovely weather. I wish I could find a way to go home, sleep, and then do my drug test and go back home. But if I'm here at work I might as well stay here at work! At least until lunch…

Weekend well wishes!
Have a great weekend all! For those in the Omaha area-stay cool!

Love (Mexican food with lots of cheese and big platters),
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Alvarado's...Fernando's...

    I've also heard a lot of good things about Azteca...

    This food thought is making me hungry again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done Julio's, Fernando's, and Azteca (which I like a lot), but not Alvardo's, where is that?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.