Thursday, September 10, 2009

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

Here is the part where I whine that it’s Thursday. I would be whining because I woke up this morning and was fully convinced that it was Friday and I was all excited and happy and ready to face another boring mundane day of work, if for the promise of sleeping in tomorrow.
Of course then I got on the computer to do my obligatory facebook and twitter and email check and realized it was Thursday and have been whiny and grumpy since. Fun!

Revitalized Trailer Home for Sale!
I can say revitalized because I spent last Saturday revitalizing it. And then I spent Tuesday pouting on the blog about spending Saturday revitalizing it. So lots of elbow grease here people!
Here are the details copied straight from my mom’s email:
If you know anyone who needs a good home, please direct them to the site below: $22,000: 3 bedroom/2 bath trailer with new roof, deck, shed, yard, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, new carpet. 40X28-lots of room, cathedral ceiling, garden tub. Very nice place in Villa Estates, 6363 Grover. Park lot rental is $350 a month includes water and trash.
Thanks!
http://omaha.craigslist.org/reo/1366863156.html

TV
I totally keep forgetting to mention that over the weekend I got sucked into an episode of MTV’s “Made” and it was all about this girl, who looked and acted like a dude and wanted to be a beauty queen. Anyway the point of the store was she was from North Platte Nebraska, and in like the first scene they show her and her friends practically eating a Runza out of business. Now having to watch about 100 Runza commercials, I know that Runza is totally a Nebraska thing, so I got all excited. But then I got disappointed because it was like the most stereotypical everyone in Nebraska is backwater story ever. The parents were decked out in Harley gear. All of her friends and herself were overweight. SHE USED TO PLAY FOOTBALL. She had like two cute friends and they were all goth and creepy. It made me weep for Nebraska’s youth. There are cool people here-I swear! Some with eating disorders and social acceptance dependencies!

I watched So You Think You Can Dance mostly in fast forward. I’m getting bad. I don’t care about the audition process at all. I hate the stupid auditions that are just put in there for laughs. I watch this show for the incredible dancing, not to watch delusional people make idiots of themselves, if I wanted to watch stupid stuff like that I’d watch Wipeout or something. Also I find people I really, really like, and then in Vegas week they cut them, so I try not to get too attached.

I also watched the season finale of Gordon Ramsey’s F word on BBC America and it was cute. He went head to head on dessert with Graham Norton (another BBC host favorite of mine) and it was hilarious.

I caught the tail end of the President’s address to Congress right before I started SYTYCD and he made a lot of really encouraging points and statements. I really hope we can get healthcare reform on the ball. The whole spiel about Ted Kennedy’s letter delivered after his death though made me sob like a two year old. I’m not sure why at all.

Baby Blog
Okay this one is a hard one for me today. This was probably the hardest day of my life to get thru. The hardest week of my life really. I mean you all know now that it had a good ending, but at the time. Man. I just felt so robbed and empty. You can tell in the post, which was written the day after our appointment, I sound so hollow and unable to process what I’m going thru. This is about the time I fell out of love with my fertility clinic. You never really go back to liking someone who shows you what the D&C paperwork you will have to fill out next week because you won’t listen to them and accept that it’s dead now. Thank God we didn’t.
July 21st, 2009
We had the baby's first ultrasound appointment today. They did a vaginal ultrasound, which is pretty uncomfortable. They couldn't find a heartbeat for the baby. I was devastated. Seth convinced me to not go to work and he came home and sat with me. He did a lot of research and called the clinic a couple of times to verify information-Seth thinks that I am not as far along as they think I am. He thinks I'm only about 5 ½ weeks. (hence why I stopped dating entries with how far along I am). We got back next Monday to do another ultrasound and hopefully they can find a heartbeat. The clinic was the WORST-they tried to kill any hope I had and literally tried to get me to fill out paperwork to kill the baby. They told us to prepare for the worst. How does one do that exactly? I don't want to be at work today, but I can't lay around and cry and worry anymore. All I can do is have patience and faith and rely on Seth to reassure me and keep my spirits up. That's all I can really handle right now.

Random thought
Wow, Ellen is going to be a judge on American Idol? I don’t know how to feel about that. I mean, I love her, but when she was a judge on SYTYCD she kind of just told jokes and feigned that she knew nothing about dancing so she wasn’t fit to judge anyone, but that as a normal person she loved it. I’m just hoping she will be more constructive if she is a judge on American Idol. Or I guess when she’s a judge. Oh well, gives me a reason to watch this year, huh?

Another random thought
They are going to turn Neverland into a theme park? Gross. Isn’t there better things for America to be spending its money on? Seriously people.

Parents?
I got a “Parents” magazine in the mail yesterday because I got bored a couple weeks ago and searched “Free baby stuff” in google and applied for everything that came up. Boy that magazine makes you feel like a failure at life. While it’s a good read, the fact that I don’t even think on the level of “Mom” totally freaked me out. Like there was a whole section on snacks and what kind of snacks to bring where, like to sports practice, school, and other events your kids go to. Dude, most days I can’t even think past what I’m going to eat for lunch-how is this going to work???!?!?

Are you ready for some tight pants?
Football starts tonite and Seth is so excited it’s almost catching. Almost. I’m going to make him Chicken Strips and Fries, using this recipe and maybe Chet and Jesse will come over and eat them all. Hopefully Seth gets home from work in time to help out. Otherwise I will be in the kitchen all night long.

Lack of pictures
Seth needs a cute picture of the beeps to enter them in the Lockheed Martin cutest pet picture contest. I went thru the blog trying to find some (since work blocks all my picture sites) and I realized I have been woefully not putting enough pictures on the blog. I’m going to try to remedy that this weekend for you all. Hopefully my new phone will be able to text pictures to the blog, apparently you can do that.

Here’s hoping tomorrow is Friday...
Seriously, it better be, or I quit life.
See you all tomorrow!

Love (for Seth to hurry up and invent time travel),
Carrie

11 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for awhile now, never commented. I like it because you and I are at very similiar points in life. We bought houses around the same time, we got married around the same time. You're just a little ahead with the baby thing, but I'm in no hurry to catch up. But I like the baby blog stuff because it's so foreign to me, I know nothing about pregnancy but I know it's in the future somewhere. Watching you go through it educates me.
    :)

    and dude, this: "But if your dirty spammy comments" does not make any kind of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great that Ellen will be a judge. As she stated she is going to give the audience opinion. We all know that some people get cut or kept because of what they look like and their personality. This should be a great season and I look forward to it. Don't worry about not thinking like a Mom, that comes in stages. The baby, toddler, etc., all prepare you in small doses as what a Mom needs to do. Not everything you read is exactly true and every baby is different. Have a Great Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! Thanks for commenting! It's nice to meet readers! Hope you will stick around! Oh and "dirty spammy comments" are those people who send me "Make your penis larger-click here" comments-I get a lot of those. Reading it now, I see that my grammer is totally off though, I'll have to fix that one of these days..
    Thanks for the Mom advice Anonymous, that makes me feel better! I'll looking forward to seeing Ellen judge too, I jsut hope it's better than her SYTYCD judging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Glee. Only because I love love love that show!

    I also like the baby blog excerpts, and have to agree with Laura above. It's something that's foreign to me and it's a different, very serious side of you to see. Definitely a new view into your life. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grammar is what I was referring to

    sorry I didn't sign it, I chose my "google account" and my email is my full name, I thought it would show and you'd know who I was. haha

    LT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karie-I haven't watched Glee yet! Trust I'll say something when I do though, I probably won't get to it until Monday though since I have already been vetoed of the TV with the DVR for FOOLSBALL tonite.

    Promise I will try to work on the grammer LT, and by promise I mean I'll send my mom in here to double check! Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now thru the power of my blocked yahoo mail and my preview reader I see that Laura or LT is an old friend from high school. And I feel slightly like a goon.
    Also I spelled grammar wrong...twice.
    Why don't the comments have spell check? Dude my facebook status update bar can handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha, yeah.
    It's ok, you can start blaming your pregnant brain. I hear that can get all wonky too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you're making bloggy friends. hopefully anonymous comes back and reveals herself...or himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Carrie - I too read your blog daily & enjoy your fun take on things:) Congrats on the baby - what a huge blessing for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Monica! I love your blog too, jenifriend and I are big fans, we love your random friday posts!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.