Monday, September 21, 2009

There is no greater importance in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you.

Hello world. Welcome to Monday. I’ll start with the baby blog because you deserve it.

Baby Blog
10 weeks 5 days
We had our first doctor’s appointment with the doctor who will be delivering bean on Wednesday. I started a new job so I’m behind the ball on updating the baby blog.
Our doctor’s name is Dr. Karen Carlson. We are going thru the Women’s Olson Center which is located at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (serious medicine-ha) Kathy is the one who recommended this office and I LOVE them . I was super nervous for our appointment, just because I didn’t want any bad news. We talked with the doctor for about 45 minutes about everything and that was fun. I LOVE our doctor, she is fun, and she will explain things in math word to Seth and she remembers things about us and she was JUST SO EXCITED for us. She also told us that if the HCG test (the dye injected into my lady bits) was what got us pregnant this time, she can do it next time and we don’t have to go back to that awful clinic ever again.
Then I had a pap test and basically just an overall body exam. Which Seth for the first time had to stay in the room for and he almost died of embarrassment and uncomfortableness.
Then we heard the baby’s heartbeat and it was wonderful. We heard it with what just looked like a microphone and a speakerbox. It was going so fast, it sounded like marching. Seth thought maybe that was my heart beat so the doctor showed him what mine sounded like verses the baby’s and I swear he looked like he was going to cry. It was SO COOL.
Then we got a bunch of free stuff and we walked across the street to the cancer center building and got about 10 vials (I am not exaggerating here) of blood drawn.
Oh and I had to “void” in a cup. Which I thought was funny.
My doctor gave me flonase for when my allergies bother me again and said I could stop taking all my vitamins except the B series (because I’m a vegetarian) and the cranberry pill ( I had a UTI-kidney infection a couple years back that almost killed me, so I have to be careful not to get UTI’s again). My prenatal covers most everything else.
Other than that I learned that only the high risk doctors do the ultrasounds at UNMC, so I have to go see the high risk doctor to have an ultrasound at 20 weeks. I am trying to get both my parents to come to that appointment, just because it will be cool. That’s the next time we will get an ultrasound. My next appointment is the 16th of Sept. at 2:45. I have to decide if I want to do the scary tests that test for Cystic Fibrosis and Down’s, but the tests aren’t accurate and they can do them anytime, and I really don’t want to spend the next 6 months worrying about if my kid might have a genetic disorder, that they won’t be able to confirm until it comes out. But it was SO exciting! We so blessed!

So that’s the last entry I have from the first trimester. From here on out you are getting live action blogs that deal with my day to day. And because you were ever so patient while I was dying and no one complained about the picture posts, I’ll start today.
Here is my latest baby dilemma. The baby is SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME. For serious. Even my doctor said as much. See my baby loves food (go figure) so when I put normal food in my gullet my baby power sucks it down and gobbles up everything. Lately I’ve been feeling run down, exhausted, and just plain tired. I’ve lost the desire to do most things besides lay in my bed and sleep. Now everything I’ve read so far said this is the golden period. I’m supposed to be loving life. Instead I’m barely able to concentrate, get out of bed, even find the desire to eat, basic functions elude me. So I talked to my doctor about it and all my symptoms and she decided that I was having trouble with my blood sugar. Not so much that it was gestational diabetes or anything, but she called it “rapidly declining” meaning I have to eat a lot more food (I only gained a pound this month and I’m supposed to gain a pound a week) and she said over and over, very clearly, to listen to my body. So if I’m feeling weak, eat a little something and rest. Now that is hard at work. It’s also hard in the morning. My blood sugar is so low in the morning it’s like I have a lead butt. I also get this horrible headaches that make me just want to lay down and close my eyes. So I’m trying to do what my doctor said and listen to my body and lay down when it needs to lay down and always eat because apparently the headaches and exhaustion and dizziness are all signs of the “rapidly declining blood sugar”. At least this is what she thinks right now. The trouble is, I’m expected to put in a 40 hour week-heck, I’m expected to put in a 40+ hour week. And that’s pretty hard when you can’t get out of bed in the morning to save anything. So I thought about it on the way in this morning, and I’m going to talk to my boss today about everything and my supervisor and also Seth and see if it’s okay if I start working what I can and making up where I can. It’s just not worth risking the baby. Even if that means I get no Christmas presents and no one else does either (sorry).

Happy Anniversary!
One year ago yesterday, I married the greatest guy ever. You should be jealous. Yesterday he fed me old wedding cake in bed. We had the best day ever yesterday. It was peaceful and relaxing and just perfect for us. I wish we had taken the whole weekend to just close ourselves off and enjoy each other’s company. I love you sweetie! I can't wait for our next adventure this year!

Emmy’s
Did anyone watch the Emmy’s last night? They were GREAT. Neil Patrick Harris was phenomenal and Kristin Chenoweth winning for Pushing Daises made me cry. And the dancers from So You Think You Can Dance did a dance number with Quest Crew! Joshua!! I was so excited. Seth even forwent football and watched it with me, it was THAT GOOD. Yay for better award shows. Neil Patrick Harris made all the difference, really he did. He even brought out Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer showed up too!! Okay if you know what that is, you and me are best friends for life, no lie.

Other TV
I finally watched the season premiere of Bones and actually found myself missing the show and was glad it was back. I also watched Psych which was a pretty good episode. This week is going to be SO OVERWHELMING for my DVR. Heroes is a two hour premiere and so is Grey’s. And there is football and tons of house stuff to do. Oh DVR, Cox can’t you upgrade my size???

Alright
Well I’m WAY behind at work, like overwhelmingly behind, so I’m going to catch up. Hope you all have a lovely start to your week!
Love (to have just a little more energy),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. i don't know about anyone else, but i'm ready to start seeing progression pictures. please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe when I have something worth showing! I actually just had a big long discussion with my doctor about my lack of showing and my growing of fat buttness and she said I probably won't start showing until 20 weeks based on my torso length and my tilted uterus. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you're a vegetarian. So am I and now I'm really interested, because I've worried about my diet through a pregnancy. I'm sure I don't consume enough fat for a baby. And I'm afraid I'll be like Phoebe and crave a meaty sammich. What do your docs say about it?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.