Thursday, September 3, 2009

Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.

Thursday…hmm…it’s rainy and stormy here, just the way I like it, if I was home in bed.

Some new blogs I’ve been stalking
Recently, I stumbled across some great new blogs that I’m following now. You follow them too, then we can talk about how hilarious the writers are. You know how I like to share.
First up is http://www.amalah.com which is a great blog and my favorite part of the blog is when she takes old books from like the 70’s and makes fun of them. The “When you marry” book and the book about microwaving food had me rolling in my cube and people look up from studying in the library and stare. She has lots of archives so it’s like reading a book at work. I love her style of writing too.
Next up is http://www.mytworedshoes.com/ . I love this woman’s sense of style and how she has decorated her Georgia home, it makes me miss my time in Peachtree City. Her dog is adorable too. And she takes amazing pictures.
I stumbled across this one when I was checking the blogs of note one day, http://snarkypants.com/ she is pretty funny. She posts a lot of survey’s, which is where I have been getting some of the survey’s I have been doing recently (in fact, her one today do looks fun to do)
And finally http://thepioneerwoman.com/ I haven’t really dug into this one yet, but I know she is really popular on the web, I’ve seen her linked on a couple people’s sites.

Speaking of the survey…
When was the last time you cried?
-Oh yesterday, I cry all the time for stupid reasons. I think this one was in relation to some TV show I was watching. Probably a True Life or something where some dumpy girl gets a makeover. That was my dream in high school.
What made you angry this week?
-Work. Work always gets me fired up, mostly because I’m bored and frustrated with people. And my Internet Explorer keeps crashing-stupid computer.
What was the happiest day of your life?
-Probably every day I have with Seth. I have a feeling they are about get a whole lot happier.
Have you ever laughed until you cried?
-I conquer with snarkypants, if you have ever seen Eddie Izzard, you know the answer to this.
Have you ever laughed so hard you peed your pants?
-Um…okay fine, YES.
Have you ever been suspicious of someone?
-Unfortunately because of recent circumstances in my life-I’m suspicious of most people. Sorry, it’s just the way it goes, screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice…
What was the last thing you envied?
-A lot of the time, I envy popular bloggers like the ones I listed above. My ultimate goal in blogging is to be like www.dooce.com and have enough readers and ad revenue that I can live at home in my pj’s and still be hilarious. The other day I was envious of my mom’s backyard. It’s such a oasis, but my parents work really hard on it, way harder than I’m willing to work on mine!
Are you sarcastic?
-I prefer the term smartass, or hyper sensitive to the deficiencies of others around me.
Have you ever had your heart broken?
-Please, I spent most of high school and college with a broken heart, lamenting after stupid boys who I may or may not occasionally google.
What is the last thing that disgusted you?
-Certain behavior of some close family members and friends. I don’t understand people’s motivation to hurt sometimes. I myself have been guilty of gossiping about people, but it really hurts when it involves yourself and people you never ever meant to hurt. Lesson learned.
Have you ever been truly afraid because of a scary movie?
-I am always afraid of scary movies, especially if they involve creepy little kids. Pam taught me a pretty good technique though for when I get too scared, just go to sleep. I spent many a movie at their house snoozing on the couch.
What is your biggest regret?
-Most of my regrets are based around relationships from my past that have destroyed me or my loved ones in one way or another, mostly because I was responsible for letting these people into our lives.
Have you ever had an obsession?
-Have you ever heard me talk about television? It goes back to the when I was growing up in Europe, we only had one channel-AFN. Now I have hundreds of channels and I can fast forward thru stupid commercials, and THEN they invented the DVR and I seriously considered maiming myself so I would get to stay home and watch TV in bed for the rest of my life, does that count as an obsession?
Do you feel pity toward others who have less than you?
-Pity…is pity the same as sadness? I think when I do see people who have less than me, I feel more grateful for what I do have.
What is your biggest fear?
-Death. Hands down. Any form of it. I also hate when people tell me if I was really strong in my faith that I wouldn’t fear death. I don’t just fear my death, I fear my loved ones deaths too. I never like losing people in my life, and I don’t want to leave people behind either.
What was the last lie you told?
-I just told my boss I was working really hard.
Have you ever cheated in a game among friends?
-Pam and Kathy-shut your mouths-YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!
Who was the last person you flirted with?
-Does it count as flirting if the gross old men at work flirt with me and I just laugh at them and try to run as fast as I can? No? Um…wow, I seriously can’t remember. It was probably some dude at Pepperjax I was trying to get to give me more fries.
Have you ever seen an image that made you physically ill?
-Jake keeps trying to get me to watch this video that he promises will make me vomit. No thanks, I’m cool with keeping my apple juice on the inside this morning.

TV
Did you watch the So You Think You Can Dance special last night?!!?! I was so excited!! They showed all my favorites! My top two are Ivan and Allison’s “Why” dance and “Hometown Glory” by Joshua and Katee. I was a little bummed there was no Twitch, since he was pretty great, but I get it, if I had my vote it would only be season 3 and 4 stuff anyway. Here’s hoping this next season gets us back on the love train-it starts NEXT WEEK!!! CAN’T WAIT!
Oh and did you see the director’s cut of Glee? I only got a couple minutes into it before Seth wanted to close down for the night, but I just reiterated how excited I am for this show to start up!
Fall TV is almost upon us kids! I’ll have to revise and work my Fall TV schedule again.

Rain, Rain, come and stay, don’t you ever go away!
I wish it was going to pour this weekend like it is now. That way, I could spend my weekend in complete luxury, cat napping on my couch and snuggling with my kittens and my man when football is on. And hopefully convincing my man that an upstairs flat screen is a grand idea. Right after he buys me a blackberry. SPOILED! Okay not totally spoiled, I still have some convincing to do.

Good Luck, and Good Night
Okay friends, I’m off for the day. Try not to miss me too much, if you do, hit up the comments. I check them all day. Tell me what you think of the new blogs I linked and show their comments some love too.

Love (Thunderstorms and SYTYCD),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. amalah is hysterical; i just read the chapters she's posted...the "holy shit dorothy" part was the best!!

    pioneer woman is awesome; be prepared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the part that had me in TEARS! Did you read the microwave one!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I amend my statement-this http://www.amalah.com/amalah/2009/06/its-input-its-input-time.html
    and the deodorant wars had me in tears today.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.