Friday, September 4, 2009

I hate the outdoors. To me the outdoors is where the car is.

OH MY GOD WE MADE IT FRIENDS! We made it to Friday *sobs* I never thought we would. Seriously, I didn’t. Yesterday I was pretty sure I was going to die of complete and utter boredom. ALL DAY. Even when I got home.

Nightly recap
So last night after running out of my building with my arms over my head screaming with joy, I started my drive home. It was rainy and dreary and lovely. But by the time I made it into Omaha, the rain had stopped and the sun was starting to come out. Boo. I got home and picked up the house a little bit and went thru the mail and let Chet in and promptly went to bed. Seth and Chet worked out and got ready for the first college football game. Then Seth woke me up and we went to Qudoba to grab something before the game started. Then we came home and I convinced the boys the game was boring and we watched Hard Knocks on HBO (love that show) then I went upstairs and took a bath and called Pam and then pretty much went to bed. It was 8:30. I drifted in out of sleep, reading my book or watching the Michael Jackson funeral (don’t ask, I don’t know, it was on Anderson Cooper 360) and Seth came to bed about 1 from watching football. And surprisingly, he was very quiet. It was the cat that woke me up.

A word about brother in laws.
Sometimes brother in laws do bad things, like snap off their house key in your deadbolt. And they feel really guilty about it. But I’m going to go on record and say Chet is a pretty good one. He takes care of our lawn in the summer, scoops up the rotten apples that have fallen off the tree, lets the cats play in the yard while he sits and watches them, and last night he brought his Mom’s dirt pudding (his own stash) which is like the greatest dessert ever. Oh and I off handed mentioned to Seth that he needed to bring me some pop in and while we were at Qudoba getting food, Chet not only brought in the soda I wanted, but put it in the fridge for me so I had a nice cold one for dinner. Bonus points. So in retrospect, snapping his house key off in my deadbolt is not even ranked on my list of things that Chet does. Most of that list is all the nice things. Thanks Chet, not that you read this, but thanks.

Ahem *clears throat*
So listen, friends of the blog, there is going to be a BIG SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT coming on Monday. I know, I know, I don’t usually blog on weekends or holidays and especially not HOLIDAY WEEKENDS. But this announcement is that exciting and special. So just you hold onto your hats for that one.

Yawn
In other news, I have nothing else to say besides I’m bored and I wish this day would hurry up. Seriously. I have so many fun plans for the weekend. Most of them involve hanging out in my underpants, on my couch, watching TV and eating good things.
For example tonite we are having dinner with Pam and Jason (I will wear pants) but we are going to try some place new that we’ve never been! (We haven’t decided, I’ve sent a list of suggestions to Pam). Saturday we are going to help my brother clean out his trailer and the do all our shopping errands and then I’m thinking that I will make Seth my super yummy beef stroganoff. Hopefully I can make a mass quantity of it since Seth has requested that I start making more massive meals that can be frozen because we have been eating out too much. The last time we got this way we couldn’t eat out for a month and it damn near killed me. So I will try to make that this weekend. I’m trying to think of something else. I think Sunday or Monday I will force him to clean the chicken tenders so I can make freezeable chicken strips for him. We bought a bag of tenders on sale so there shouldn’t be too much cleaning involved, but he hates that.
Also secretly, either Sunday or Monday (and yes it’s a secret because my husband is too busy to read my blog right now) I’m going to make him breakfast in bed. Pancakes, Eggs, and Bacon. Because he’s a good husband. I’m also going to use the griddle I borrow from Pam to make those English muffins we talked about ages ago. But mostly I will be trying my hardest to hang out in my underpants, on my couch.
Oh the shopping errands will consist of going to Zales to get my ring checked (every six months to keep the warranty intact and picking out more jewelry that Seth can buy me) and going to Verizon and getting a fancy new PINK BLACKBERRY! (They are buy one get one free, now I won’t have blackberry service, but at least I’ll have texting, finally) going to Old Navy and Gordmans, and now it sounds like going to the grocery store to get stuff for stroganoff and breakfast. So that’s pretty darn exciting for me, because I get my ring all shined up and a fancy new phone.

That is the sound of my dang head exploding…
Seriously, it’s only 9:41? Come on now karma, I’ve been good all week. I only thought one or two random hateful thoughts and I swerved to avoid hitting that crazed hitchhiker I think that gets me some kind of time warp!

That’s it I’m leaving
Okay all, here’s the part where I tell you to have a fantastic weekend, but don’t forget to check back in Monday for the announcement. I’ll see you then!

Love (holiday weekends),
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Just curious about the possibilites for your dinner out. We're always looking for new places, also. Where did you ever go eat Mexican a few weeks ago? I don't think you ever shared...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the suggestions I just sent Pam were
    http://www.biancoitalian.com/menu.php
    Millard Roadhouse (an old favorite of ours)
    Texas Roadhouse
    and http://www.brewskys.com/ on Q.
    The place we ended up going for Mexican was:
    http://www.riverasmf.com/menu.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's see...your announcement for us?? are you coming to see me?! i think that would be the greatest announcement EVER!!

    you + me = blackberry texting LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was Rivera's? I drive by it like every day and always wondered...

    Yum, I love me some Millard Roadhouse! Never been to Bianco, so I would definitely need a review of that, too. It just seems so expensive, but if it's worth it, that's another story!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.