Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

This is for me, uncontested, a hump day.

Dear Pregnancy, I’d like my sanity back. Thanks.
Ya’ll I’m seriously losing my ever loving mind. I totally blame pregnancy. I can’t go a day without having an epic meltdown because I’m so tired. This morning I went back to bed and Seth woke up angry and late for work because I usually wake him up. I feel like a terrible wife and I really don’t want to go back home. I feel like I am just making things worse. Oh and he has no underwear, because I haven’t done laundry in like a millennium. And I know you are all like-he can do his own damn laundry, well actually no he can’t, because he works 50+ hour weeks at work and goes to school 2 nights a week. And the other nights of the week are filled with my endless nagging to finish the projects I talked him into starting (we need to tile this entryway, it’s gross. We need to steam clean the baby’s room. We need to re caulk the bathtub.) It’s all starting to get overwhelming and the walls are closing in on me again. So yeah, would you come home to a lunatic crazy person? I wouldn’t. Did I mention last night I stubbed my toe and cried laid on the floor and cried about it so long the cats came and laid by me and started eating my hair because they thought I was dying? And Seth literally said to me, “Babe, I’m trying so hard to help you, but I don’t know what to do, please help me!” Your wife is insane, and I’m blaming the pregnancy hormones, because that’s all I can really think of it being. Either that or I’ve officially inherited the crazy gene and it’s starting to crack thru.
Don’t worry tomorrow I’ll be perfectly sane, and the next day I’ll be off my rocker again.
That is if I go home, at the moment I’m thinking of sleeping in my car so that Seth has one night of peace.

TV
Last night we watched The Soup, Big Bang Theory, and Heroes and a 60 minutes special about a robotic hand (that was Seth’s request). Heroes has potential to not be freaking crap this season, but we will see in the next episode. I’m glad Claire has her real hair back. The wig from last season was starting to freak me out. Big Bang Theory was hilarious, per usual.
Tonite Criminal Minds (Will Hotch get shot?), Top Chef (will they finally kick off Ashley so I stop wanting to shoot myself in the head?), Law and Order SVU (um, I missed the season finale and am still pissed about it), So You Think You Can Dance (ugh auditions), and Glee (the episode is titled “Preggers). My poor DVR. At least I can watch two of those without Seth.
Tomorrow Community (still need to watch the first one), Grey’s (two hours!), Bones, and some more I can’t remember. Seriously Cox, can I get a bigger DVR box?

This weekend
I’m trying to keep this weekend low key since Seth needs a break and he needs to finish up some projects. I’ve talked to Pam about having a wii game night maybe Saturday night but I haven’t talked to Seth about it. And I just volunteered to have Sunday Family Dinner at my house because I need my Dad to give us some advice on some projects. At some point we have to drive our dang guest bed down to my grandparents storage unit so I can buy a crib. Maybe that will help with the crazy-mones.

Off to zone out
Okay friends, I’m going to do some mindless work and hope the stink of this funk lifts off me. I hope you all are having a great day!

Love (to not be crazy),
Carrie

*Edited later in the day to add*


A little more crazy
Okay seriously, so darling friend Jeni Friend, who you all know I love, is going to be shooting my maternity and newborn photos because I'm lucky in life like that. So I was cruising around "The Bump" today and I left some posts about how great a photographer she is and how excited I am to have her do my maternity photos, mostly to get her a little business love, then I got the brillant idea to go to "The Knot" and tell some brides about her too. Okay it's a slow day at work. Anyway, some creepy person on the message boards totally started calling me out as a vendor and writing mean things about Jeni's work. WTF?? It made mad. And sad. It made me smad. I felt bad because now Jeni's fantastic work has some crazy smear campagin on two huge board communities. And also because message boards can be a scary place. I'll just stay here with you all, if that's okay? And if any of you come up wtih brilliant ideas about how I can brag about how much I love Jeni's work and not get a stalker, hit up the comments below.

Love (jenifriend photography),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. well i'm not shocked that we share the same passion for the big bang theory - i'm about ready to name my first born son after sheldon because i heart him that much.

    oh...and i can't read your blog on friday until saturday because i won't be watching grey's until friday night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha don't worry-I'm not sure I will get to it either! What with the backlog on my DVR and Seth now saying he MIGHT watch Grey's this year, at least the first one, so he knows what happens (he's still mad about last year) so I'll put spoiler tags up if I watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't miss the Knot at all. I quit pretty much as soon as I was married. I used those bitches for all they were worth and then bailed. As much of a feminist as I am, groups of women are disastrous, especially with the empowering anonimity of the internet.

    I don't do my husband's laundry. I offered once he started grad school, but since I wouldn't fold it and put it away for him, he said it was pointless and I shouldn't bother. His biggest problem with his laundry is washing and drying properly and promptly, I thought I was being a big help, oh well.

    I'm on the fence about Heroes. I completely agree about Hayden's hair tho. I love it, and hated the wig. Last season was so bad, my husband won't watch it. I'm giving it a chance. Wednesday and Thursday are awful nights for my DVR. I have 6 shows recording tonite. I've got Glee, Top Chef, and a bunch of new shows starting that I'm giving a chance.
    whew!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.