Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.

It’s only TUESDAY!?!? Really? Man Karma is really making me work for this holiday weekend.

Football Season is descending
I’m about to lose massive control of my television. I’m trying to convince my husband to buy a cheap flat screen from Walmart so that I can at least can have a clear picture to watch upstairs after I get booted from the HD box and the 52 inch downstairs…But we’ve already started watching preseason games, and while some nights it’s nice to just turn off my brain and read a book (more on that in a second) I know I’m going to start to get antsy when the DVR starts filling up with episodes of my favorite new shows.

A Secret History
Okay so I’m ALMOST done with this book and I really, really have been enjoying it. It makes me want to go back to college and do it on the East Coast. Here is a description of the book for you from Amazon. It’s basically about this guy who comes from the west coast and falls into this group of students and they kill one of the students and it’s about the groups down falls apart from there.

Seriously?
The Duggars are having ANOTHER KID?? I have no words. I really, really have no words. Michelle should try the words “get off me” though.

Celebration
Um…have you guys seen Madonna’s new music video? It looks like an ad for pelvic thrusting and air humping. It’s like a series of crotch shots and inappropriate touching. Yay let’s celebrate crotches! They should have had the Duggars in on this video, they like ultimately celebrate the crotch. Somewhere in there is Madonna’s daughter, because it’s totally appropriate to associate your daughter with crotches and ripping the shirt off the DJ while ramming your tongue down his throat-LIFE LESSONS ARE BEING LEARNED HERE! The dude she is making out with is the 23 year old model. She bought him that DJ stuff and lessons to look professional at it. A couple days ago they came out with a teaser of this video with Paul Oakenfold in it. You can find it here. Apparently he was too creepy and got cut out of the final edit. I do really like Madonna’s glasses though, how long before Target is knocking those off and I can get some?

Another survey
I apologize profusely people, but I made myself a word count goal here, and as my life last night consisted of laying on my couch and watching football and pouting, I really have nothing worldly to blog about…
Dogs or cats?
-Cats. I actually don’t mind dogs at all, I just mind the work. Cats don’t need my assistance to use the restroom. And since I’m not responsible for the cat pans, it’s even nicer.
Do you mind if your pets sleep in bed with you?
-No, Baggy sleeps with us every night. I do mind if Willow thinks she needs to sleep right on my legs there by using all 20 pounds to cut off circulation to my feet.
Are you or anyone you know worried about losing their job?
-I hope not! But they just sent out a scary email around here about cutbacks and no overtime.
Extend your left arm all the way out, what do you touch if anything?
-The left hand side of my l-shaped desk
Are you a saver or spender?
-Spender by habit, saver by force of marriage
Do you believe in kids having chores?
-Hell yes, my mom didn’t call me the “Haus Frau” for nothing
When writing a letter, do you prefer to hand write or type?
-I prefer to type, but I recognize the care put into a handwritten letter, I try to always send hand written thank yous.
Ellen/Oprah or Regis and Kelly?
-Ellen. She is hilarious, and if I had the space, I’d DVR her show every day.
Do you watch The Bachelor? If so, is this the best season? you’ve seen?
-No I don’t. Kathy and Dan did send me in as a candidate though. I got rejected, I hold a grudge.
With postage going up soon, will that change your swapping habits?
-What exactly are swapping habits? And postage is going up again? Geezzz. It’s like they are trying to go out of business.
Have gas prices gone up a lot where you live?
-Yes, bastards, I thought that was supposed to stop with Obama.
Can you touch your toes, without bending your legs?
-No, I used to be able to.
What’s the temperature there?
-Outside right now I don’t know, but this morning it was nice and cool and perfect for staying in bed! In my office it’s freezing and I’m wearing my coat, but that’s typical.
Do you prefer to walk around barefoot in your home? Socks? Shoes?
-Barefoot, although for the last two Christmas’s I’ve gotten those fuzzy hydrating socks and I kind of love wearing them now on Sundays.
Are you a night owl?
-Yes, very much so.
On how many hours of sleep can you function?
-8, I need 8 just to function, I need like 10+ to be pleasant.
Do you own or rent?
-Own. A lovely green house on Olive Street.
Which was your best birthday ever? How old were you?
-Oh let’s see, last year’s birthday was pretty nice, Seth had a dinner for me and all my family and friends came and then we went back to our house and had a cake my dad made. I would really LOVE to tell you how old I am, but I can’t remember-seriously, I get it confused all the time. I told my doctor the other day the wrong birthday. I’m like 26 or 27…
Do you prefer baths to showers? The other way around? Both?
-I prefer baths, I try to do it every night at the end of the day to relax and read my books, plus I like to get into bed all fresh and clean. No one likes sleeping in their own filth.
Finish the sentence-on my last vacation I went to _____.
-Orlando and Disneyworld! It was awesome! I think about going back every day. I would have never believed Disneyworld was truly the happiest place on earth. I totally understand now why some people are obsessed with it.
If you have a great day who is the first person you tell?
-My husband.
If you’re a Mom which is the best part of being one? If you’re a Dad, answer the same way?
-The best part of being MY mom is probably my incessant drama and nagging, right Mom? And the best part of being my dad is doing the stuff around my house and fixing things I break. Or eating my food. Right?
Humidity or heat?
-Neither, blah. If I had a choice I’d live in Seattle or Antarctica.
When you were a bride did everything go the right way on your special day?
-Absolutely not, does it ever? My wedding day had lots of highs, and a couple of lows-what vague memories I can make out of my wedding day, it was all a blur. The next day and the year that followed with all the drama that occurred because of my wedding day has really made it much harder to want to recollect wedding day memories. But there are a few memories that really stand out that make me all melty and swoony about it, I try to focus on those.
Which are/is your favorite magazine(s)?
-Eh, I don’t really subscribe anymore. I get Rolling Stone, but I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite. I only read like half of it.
Do you clean your house or have someone come in to do it?
-I wish I had someone come in and do it. That would be GRAND. It’s not a very big house, I’m sure it’s not a huge expense, but my husband also makes me bring my own candy and drinks to the movies, so I’m sure I wouldn’t be getting a house cleaner unless a fairy godmother brought one.
If you had one superpower, what would it be?
-I’ve thought long and hard about this thru many boring meetings, and I would have the power of duplicity. I would touch something I liked (clothes, books, items in a store) and say “duplicate!” and the exact thing would show up in my house. That would be my super power.

Gross
My phone cord looks like a dirty sewer worker came up from the sewer and took my phone cord and flossed his rear end with it, so I’m going on a hunt for a new one to steal. I never used my phone (see I do it in the working world too, avoid my phone) before yesterday and now that it’s in my line of sight its making me worry about germs and H1N1, because that’s all over the news. So I’m off to combat illness thru the phone! Here’s hoping we see you tomorrow and I have more interesting things to talk about!

Love (waking up and snuggling down deeper into the covers),
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. it's like i told someone here at work today when she asked why duggar wife doesn't just say 'no i have a headache'. i said 'i'm sure she does just like the rest of us, but it's those yes's in between when she gets knocked up.' we can't all say no all the time, now can we? i'm excited for them; they've raised an incredible family and those kids are absolutely brilliant...i'm not sure a momma could ask for anything more than that...she just gets to ask for it 19 times over now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen their show? It makes me sad that the kids aren't allowed to dance and that they are practically raising each other, but I agree, she sure does try and make an effort, but spreading yourself over 19 kids must be hard! I read today that she has been pregant more years out of her life than she hasn't been- can you imagine!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me, there is no excuse for 19 children. She either has the bionic woman's body or will not admit how badly her body must be feeling. How can you have 19 kids when you know you can not meet all those childrens needs. Do the younger children even know who their mother is? I only have two children and I sometimes feel stretched to the limit.
    Anyway, that is my 19 cents worth. Thanks for letting me vent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome Anonymous! At least you vented politely! That's all we can ask! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.