Monday, September 28, 2009

• Style has less to do with what you wear and more to do with who you are.

Hello all. Another day another dollar, right? I miss the weekend already!

Weekend Review
This weekend we had grand plans and little follow thru. Such is the case when you are pregnant and only get bursts of energy that fizzle out about 2 hours later. Friday I was supposed to go over and hang out at Ty and Holly’s while Seth helped them move into their new house. But I got home from work later than I wanted and by the time Seth could get out of work and head over there I was passed out sleeping on the couch under a comfy duvet with my Dan Brown book, 52 ounces of ice water, and 2 adorable sleeping kitties. I wasn’t going anywhere. About 8 am I got up and made myself some dinner and watched Ghost Whisperer and Law and Order (when did this get pushed to Friday nights? Lame) and started Psych but decided my Dan Brown book was beckoning. Seth came home around 9:30 with a Frostie and French Fries from Wendy’s because he is the best husband ever. We watched the rest of Grey’s Anatomy.
*sidebar* I kept WANTING to cry during Grey’s for George, but just couldn’t do it, I kept like getting interrupted by other stories. But I liked how they didn’t drop the ball on the past storylines (Izzie laughs at funerals) and I liked the 40 day progression of time and how they marked it. Here’s what I didn’t like, the “ceviche” storyline, the Arizona storyline, whatever is going on with the Chief being a douche to Derek, and while I appreciate the range they are giving Chandra Wilson to display her acting skills-Bailey’s whole reaction and storyline sucks. I’m excited for next week. *end sidebar*
Saturday we woke up late (love that) and got ready and my Mom and Jesse picked us up for lunch at Mimi’s Café. My Dad met us there. It was nice to see everyone and Jesse was feeling good so we were all having a good laugh. The food was pretty decent too. A little pricey but-eh, this market, what can you do? Then Mom and I went shopping (she bought us three fantastic sweaters that I love, new best thing ever, I can buy bigger sizes and then when I’m done with them a month later, Mom can wear them), Dad went to run other errands, and Jesse and Seth walked around the mall and looked bored. Then we met Jesse and Seth in the sporting goods store where Mom bought them cool sports shirts. Then we went over to Tara’s to meet her new baby. It was the first time in a LONG time I have ever held a baby that small. While I found it comforting that the baby was 2 weeks old and still that small (not as huge of a thing I imagined pushing out of my lady bits) but she was wiggly, like super squirmy and would turn bright red like she was going to scream her head off and I felt constantly like I was going to drop her. The finding out babies are wiggly part was pretty terrifying. On the other hand, Seth was like an old German Grandmother with her, just scooped her up in his arms and palmed the back of her head with his big hands and handled the squirmies and bounced her around and talked to her and it was pretty much the most comforting awesomest thing ever. The end. Then Mom and Jesse took us home and we went over to Target to pick up Seth’s new glasses (first since 6th grade!) and some other random things. Then we went to Home Depot to get touch up paint and new light bulbs and some other random things we needed to finish some of our ongoing home improvement projects. We went home and I crashed and slept until like 8. I had lunch leftovers for dinner and we watched Castle (LOVE LOVE LOVE-so glad this show is back, Nathan Fillon you are a comedic timing genius), Criminal Minds (LOVE LOVE LOVE), Destination Truth (seriously, King Tut’s tomb FREAKED ME OUT), and a couple other things that I really can’t remember. We were supposed to go to Pam and Jason’s to play games, but because I was so tired by the time I woke up I was pretty worthless.
So Sunday when we woke up we went over there and delivered some stuff and chatted for awhile. Then we went over to Baby Depot where I THINK we found the crib we like, or at least the style, I don’t like the color so much but they don’t make any other color. Here is the crib. Except the one we found was cheaper and I have a coupon to the Baby Depot where we would get it. Seth is still perusing the net for a better deal. We have a couple things we need to get done before we purchase the crib so I have time. Also strollers were on sale there and I found a couple Evenflo ones I liked that were like 25 bucks off.
Then we went grocery shopping and while we were checking out my Mom called and asked if we were home but not answering our door. I told her we would be home in 15 minutes. They stayed and my mom and I made a AMAZING chocolate cake (from scratch!!!) and Seth and Dad worked on stuff around the house and Dad gave us suggestions on some of our out of control remodeling ideas. Then we ordered pizza (VAL’S!!) and talked. Dad fell asleep on the couch watching Extreme Home Makeover and Mom and I read http://thebloggess.com/ and laughed. They went home around 8 and Seth and I finished the trim and put out the fall decorations. (Yay the trim is done in the entryway!!) Then I took a bath and Seth dinked around with football and computer stuff. Then we ate that amazing chocolate cake and watched Mad Men in bed (WTF PEGGY!!??! GROSS!) and went to bed. What a lovely end to the weekend.

This week
This week Seth starts class tonite, but he has to come home before it starts because the Kidtens have to go to the vet (poor things) and then Tuesday we are going to dinner with Jesse and Ellyn, Wednesday Seth has class, Thursday I think Chet is coming over to watch a movie, but what he doesn’t know is that it’s Grey’s night so fat chance, and Friday is the weekend-yay! Let’s hope it goes by that quick!

The last time I took the cats to the vet
You may be asking yourself why I have to have help taking my cats to the vet. Well first off, they are 20 pounds each of pure muscle, and the pregnant lady is not supposed to lift that much. Second requires a story about the LAST time I took the cats to the vet.
The last time I took the cats to the vet was the day of Seth’s Bachelor Party. This was back when our vet had Saturday hours. It’s been a year since then and apparently our vet decided to be a huge slacker and only work MWF. Jerk. Anyway so I had to take them by myself, but at that time they were about 12 pounds each and they loved car rides. (Now Willow loves them and Bags hates them) It was hotter than HELL and I had to keep the windows up and the air on. Some how, the little shits always escape their bags (they are really smart) now everything went okay in the vets office minus the nail clipping, and the vet telling me to stop having sex on my bed and start doing it standing up so Baggy stopped peeing on the bed (he went thru a male domination phase, we’ve worked thru it, but there’s nothing like a 60 year old male vet telling you about how to have your sex life) and I got in trouble for letting Willow chew on Bagheera’s nuts-LIKE THAT IS MY FAULT. Oh and then there was that whole sticking thermometers in butts that we don’t speak of. So I pack them up, happy they are healthy and head out. I’m driving Seth’s truck because he needed to ferry a bunch of dudes around so he took my Vue (aww Sucky-miss you!). I don’t drive Seth’s truck much. It’s hard to drive and it’s a pain. The cats were in the front seat when that whole incident of which we do not speak caused Willow to get explosive diarrhea. At the time they were small enough to both fit in one bag (even though thankfully I brought two). So Willow craps in the bag and Bags flips out and runs out of the bag, and when Willow is done she runs out of the bag too, covered in poo and climbing the seats of Seth’s truck. GREAT. I pull over and throw the shit bag in the bed of the truck and wipe the cats and seats off the best I can and head over to my parents (where I was staying) to clean up the rest of it. So yeah. I’m not excited to go BACK to the vet after that.

Dan Brown book
The Dan Brown book was AMAZING and I was so sad to finish it. I won’t go into detail because I still have friends reading it, but I will say, it felt like, after he was accused of attacking the whole God thing, he tried really hard this whole book to be like “hey look, I’m down with the G-O-D! Really!” That’s my only complaint. That and it was too short and it will probably be another six years before we get a book again. Boo.

Baby Blog
This weekend I was bloated and tired a lot, but I got some cravings and I made an effort to eat as soon as I woke up and snack most of the day. Other than that not much. Pam found where my uterus was at for me since the other night I couldn’t find it and panicked that my baby was dead inside me. (SHUT UP I’M IRRATIONAL. IT’S A WELL ESTABLISHED FACT.) Also, and this is so much TMI, my underwear is soaked all the time either from me peeing a little when I sneeze or cough or laugh too hard or it might be the fact that someone turned on a freaking faucet in my lady bits region, which my book says is to help ward off bacteria-whatever, I just thought my days of pad wearing were over for a while. LAMESAUCE.
Random baby question-how many bottles does a baby need? Do I register for those? What kind are the best? There’s like 300!! Bless you who can answer this.

You’ve had enough
Okay I have to act like I work here (I mean go read my Google Reader and catch up on gossip) and you got close to 2000 words today you lucky little loos. Have a great Monday! I hope it goes quickly for you!!

Love (having the winter duvet on the bed),
Carrie

PS-Mad props to Jeni Friend who sent me a three page document full of quotes! For the next couple months, quotes are on her!

2 comments:

  1. you really have to be one of the funniest writers ever. the cat story had me laughing out loud at work and wanting to re-read the story to the htb when i get home - which i will thankyouverymuch. as for grey's, i couldn't cry either. i tried a few times but i just don't feel the tears like i used to in past seasons. damn it was depressing, though. 40 days of sorrow was just beating the crap out of me...i needed some laughter. thank goodness for izzie's laughter...thank goodness for alex breaking down his heart to izzie...i'm starting to love them as a couple because we are able to see his damaged heart now. criminal minds - loved as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I forgot to add to that story that unless Seth reads the blog today, he has never known about the day the cats painted his truck in their own poo. But he has randomly commented about a funny smell during the summer...
    And I totally loved the Alex/Izzie break down too. I wish Alex would get his bottom tooth fixed though-it totally bothers me in HD. I'm shallow like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.