Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion.

Remember that really annoying song, “Bad Day” or whatever that they used to play when you got booted off American Idol years ago? That is a terrible song, and also the muse of my morning.

Morning Suck
I woke up and wondered why my alarm hadn’t gone off. In fact I laid in bed and wondered about it for TWENTY MINUTES. I finally decided to look and I was twenty minutes late. Awesome. It might have had something to do with the fact that I talked to Pam and my mom on the phone in the bathtub last night. My phone is like on vapors, I seriously need a new one. Anyway I was a bad wife and didn’t make Seth’s breakfast and ran thru the house like a mad woman (put on the same pants I wore yesterday-oops) and bolted to the car only to find that I had 33 miles left of gas. Granted it was enough to get me to work, but not enough to get me home. The only gas stations along the way have their prices set at violator, so I really didn’t want to get gas there. *sidebar* I love the location of our house, but my only complaint is it is NO WHERE near a convenient gas station. Now I may be spoiled because when I lived with Pam and Jason there was literally one within walking distance, but let me tell you, there is nothing like a giant soda fountain drink for 50 cents to go with whatever you just picked up for dinner. It will last you all night. So I find the fact that I have to go almost 4 miles down the road to get gas almost unbearable. *end sidebar* So at that point I just gave up and knew I was going to be late. I put the gas in my car and let the Garmin tell me how to get back on the interstate the fastest. When I came to my highway route, there just happened to be a crazy hitchhiker running from police and trying to throw himself into traffic. So of course, we all had to stop so that we wouldn’t hit the crazy hitchhiker, or the police man chasing him. He did do a pretty sweet Dukes of Hazard move over the cop car hood to evade the cops a little more. And then I saw a road kill cat and that made me sad. The end.

H1N1 flu
This stupid flu is starting to sound scary. Yesterday they threatened to lock down UNO and Creighton (local colleges) and then some school in Omaha had 176 students out, and most of them have flu symptoms. So Seth made me promise to start washing my hands in the bathroom. So I’m using the hand sanitizer outside the bathroom, which I think is pretty much the same thing, if not better. Plus I have it on my desk, and I just lysoled the Holy Ghost out of my desk, keyboard, and phone. It smells like the playhouse that was in my grandma’s backyard now. I’m still on a mission to find a phone cord that doesn’t look like it was a prop in a sewer worker’s strip tease, but at the moment I have failed. I found one that wasn’t as dirty, but it was stretched out and about 8 feet long. I’m currently scoping out conference rooms to see if they have anything better.

TV
Last night we caught up with America’s Best Dance Crew (I’m not even sure why I’m still watching this show, I don’t like anyone on it besides Shane Sparks) and Design Star. I’m torn about Design Star. I like Antonio, but he’s kind of a jerk and I think Dan could win, but I think he’s a whiner and HGTV already has a good looking buff gay guy show. I was okay with him until last night’s episode when he totally wouldn’t own up to blowing the budget on that plastic horrid thing in the yard. That chick is just rough to look at and she’s a terrible host. So anyway there’s my thoughts on Design Star. Just so you all know, there is a SPECIAL So You Think You Can Dance on tonite with the top 15 dances from the past seasons. Also the Glee pilot is re-airing so catch it if you can-it’s going to be a phenomenal show!

Giggles
So when I’m in the doldrums of a day, I go to www.peopleofwalmart.com and get my giggle on. You should go too. Sometimes it takes a while to load because it’s a little ole site and it’s very popular, but you should go. My favorites include people wearing little or no clothes (they woman with no pants) and mullets. Today I like the one that says “please don’t touch the baby!” I live in fear though that I will end up on that site because Lord KNOWS I love going to Walmart looking a hot mess. I’m just trying to fit in, Seth just tries to ditch me in the aisles.

Random thought
I think I will make chicken strips and French fries for Thursday because it’s the first college football game and Chet is coming over and it takes an entire farm to actually get this kid full, and I bought a back of chicken tenderloins last week, so making chicken strips will be a breeze, and if I get on it right when I get home, they should be done in time for the game.
Or I could sucker Seth into going to Qudoba…hmmm…decisions, decisions…

Another random thought
When we go out with Pam and Jason this weekend, where should we go? I can’t really think of anywhere even though all Pam and I do is talk about new restaurants we want to try. Mine are mostly Mexican. I think I’m going to let her decide. That way I can be sure that Jason likes where we are going and gets something yummy to eat! For some reason I tend to pick places that don’t have anything Jason really likes, it’s not that he’s a hard man to please, I just pick some really strange places sometimes!

One more random thought
Okay so I get everyone is curious about the chick who was kidnapped and her whole story and so the media is hounding anyone that knows anything about the situation. (I mean come on, yesterday they pulled out the google maps of the street, complete with creepy child molester van.) But what irks me, is that from the word go, the step father, who was accused of taking her, has been crowing from the rooftops. Dude shut up. You aren’t helping, and if you really cared you’d close ranks like the rest of the family is. In fact, I would suspect that you don’t really know anything that close to the situation, you are just blabbing. I swear every article I read has direct quotations from this guy, who I don’t’ think has even seen her yet. Today was all about how her kids thought she was their sister and how he thinks they are going to need a lot of therapy. No shit Sherlock. Can we start ignoring this guy already?

I do, but I don’t
Alright, I supposed I’ve rambled on enough. I should probably stop trying to avoid this day and just do it already. I’m just afraid it’s still going to suck. On the plus side though, I did get my new “smells” for my scentsy pot, so I have that to look forward to, when I get the gumption to walk across the parking lot and get them. Here’s hoping your guys day started off better than mine-we are almost to the weekend, hang in there!

Love (to have just given up on the day and stayed in bed),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I am a scentsy fan also. My favorite smell is probably the Grapefruit Blossom. Are you new to scentsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. New this year, a lady at my work sells it and I never believed her about it until she brought one in and it covered up the horrible smell of the cafeteria below us. I love anything with pomegrante. I just got Exotic Vanilla, Falling Leaves, Grapefruit Pomegranate, Pomegranate Orange, Spurceberry, and Toasted Apple Butter. I tried to get fall smells.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.