Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Television is more interesting than people. If it were not, we would have people standing in the corners of our rooms.

Hello Tuesday. Tomorrow I go to see Dr. Karen and let her poke and prod (I’m assuming, I don’t really know, all I know is I am going to have to pee in a cup) me. So I’m kind of ready to get that part of the week over with and hear the Bean’s heart beat again and have a great anniversary weekend (which mostly sounds like we will be attending Seth’s co-worker’s football party and getting rid of a full size bed).

Another night in Verizon
So last night we had to go back to Verizon to get Seth’s Storm blackberry so he would stop stealing mine. On the way there he attempted to call Alltel from his old phone and cancel our service but they kept telling him their system was having “technical difficulties” and hung up on him. Finally he called from my new phone and got right thru. Those Alltel bastards. We did successfully get it turned off though AND got a refund on the money we already paid to finish out this month. I did check into it, and for our unlimited blackberry package it cost us 24 bucks, regularly 30 (we get a Lockheed Martin discount) not 50 like I thought. But it is per phone. So its 50 bucks total for us both to have blackberry access. But it would be 30 if you were doing it by yourself. But of course when we went there they had trouble with the refunds and the exchange and so it took forever, but they still laugh at my jokes, so they are okay to hang out with.

Football and Brother
After we got back Jesse was waiting for us at the house to watch Monday night football with Seth and we did that and I headed up for bed after the first game got over. I like when he comes over to watch football, I hope he does it again Thursday.

Baby Blog
Yay another good blog!
8 weeks!
You are eight weeks old today bean! We've started calling you bean, I'm not sure why, maybe because you make me fart like no one's business. Like bad, like wake Seth up out of a dead sleep bad. This weekend was the first real weekend where I made an active effort to do something other than sleep. Let me tell you, major mistake. I'm exhausted today. Like I would go home from work, but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep my eyes open that long. I'm hoping lunch will perk me up. Hoping.
Somewhere along the way this blog went to being information about what everyone on my regular blog has been missing, to a personal blog to the bean. It must have happened somewhere around the time we thought there was no heartbeat because I needed to make you real bean, and you are! Trust you are. You did not like the dinner mints at Cheeto and Whitney's wedding so I had to throw up in the bathroom in my pretty pink dress. It seems like FOREVER until our next appointment, but I really liked Dr. Karen Carlson when we met her when we first started trying, and she's the one who sent us to the fertility clinic, so she's worth waiting for. She wasn't going to accept any new patients, but once she was reminded of our history she let us on. Who knew there might have been a waiting list for a doctor!?!? Our next appointment is August 19th at 2:30, but we've asked to go on a list in case there is a earlier one. At that point you should be around 10 weeks old and will look so different on the ultrasound. Hopefully they won't have to do the vaginal ultrasound because that one kind of sucks.

Random Baby making thoughts
I read last night in bed (on my Carrieberry) that the Bean is the size of a lemon this week and it starting to urinate inside me. And also growing hair. So I have a hairy pissing lemon inside me this week. Great.
My exhaustion is starting to creep back this week. But I go home and there is just so much to do and I always think I can catch a little nap before Seth gets home, but then I get distracted by the dishes or the cats or something. I’m seriously making napping a priority when I get home today.
My morning appetite is gone, which is strange. I know I need to eat too, or I’ll get that sick flu feeling. It happened again last night because we ate late after Verizon.

Sad things I’ve just read/done
Patrick Swayze is dead.
Jessica Simpson’s dog Daisy got eaten by coyotes.
My work is blocking all attempts to watch the first five minutes of Grey’s.
I forgot my cottage cheese at home.

Creepy things I’ve just read/done
They keep referring to Patrick Swayze’s career as “Sexy
No seriously, did you hear about the hairy pissing lemon I’m growing?
Fantasized about eating cheese fries.
Amazon is selling a “mummy sleeping bag” as one of their hot deals today. That doesn’t seem right.

Craptacular things I’ve done/read today
There is five months of backlogged filing and the old mean lady asked me to do it and I told her I couldn’t because I can’t stand for more than 20 minutes at a time because of the baby. In reality, I just don’t want to do five months of filing. I’m sure she will be be back with a stool or something, I’m going to have to come up with a better excuse.
They won’t let Elton John adopt a kid because he’s old and gay.
Spent five minutes updating my facebook status (so hard to text!) during a meeting with a great Don Henley lyric only to accidently hit some button and delete/post it half way thru.

Great things I’ve read/done
White eye shadow and liner were the big styles at the MTV VMA’s. FINALLY years of wearing white eye liner pays off, I’m finally in style. Ha!
Even Obama thinks Kanye is a jackass.
Booked our flight to visit my Aunt Natalia in New Jersey and to go see a Giants game in October.
I didn't kill the cube guy next to me who's jaw pops when he chews or drinks or talks, do you know how maddening that is??


Enough out of me
Hope you all have a great day! I’ll talk to you later! Show a little love to the comments and keep me off my Carrieberry today!

Love (my new nickname for my phone),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. i love you and love that you call your blackberry your carrieberry...have any fun names for mine?? give little bean love for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...i love reading about your new little miracle on the way! It is so exciting. You and Seth are getting rid of a full size bed...do you have a home for it yet? Let me know! 402-960-5907

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.