Monday, September 7, 2009

From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another

Happy Labor Day everyone! Should it really be called Labor Day though? I think it should be called Not Labor Day, because you don't have to work...
Alright world, are you ready for the big announcement??
I don't know if you should be more excited about the announcement or the fact that I'm blogging on a holiday.
Okay, Okay I know what you are here for-here it is:
Seth and I are very excited to announce that in March 2010, we will be having a baby! I'm currently 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. We are very very excited, and very very blessed.
I'm not kidding when I tell you all (and that you will eventually read about), that for us, this is a miracle baby. Not only did we have a world of tribulations with conceiving, we have had a lot of ups and downs with the first trimester, it's why I have waited so long to announce it on the blog and to the world.
We are blessed to have a lot of people in our lives that helped and supported us thru this first trimester of our pregnancy. Our family and our friends (the few who knew) have been unfailing in their love and support of us. Thank you so much for everything Thank you for your prayers, your guidance, your words of wisdom and your love. We wouldn't be here without you all (okay I wouldn't be here sanely without all of you letting me freakout 10 times a day about weird pains or strange new body changes). Bless you all for your patience.
Most of all thank you for to my loving husband who routinely carries things, brings me food, gets me special food, reads all the books, and also calms all of my fears. The loving husband who not only works 40+ hour weeks, and has two nights of three hour masters classes every week, has still managed to take over the things I can't do anymore or am slowly losing the ability to do. A very special shout out for cleaning the toilets after every power vomit session. I love you so much, and I can't wait to see you be a wonderful father as I know you will be.
We call the growing baby “The Bean”, because the first time we saw it, it was shaped like a bean and it just stuck. The other option was calling it “cat barfing” because that's what I said the baby's heart beat sounded like when I first heard it. Bean is much better.
As you may have guessed-I did keep a blog during my first trimester. I plan on posting bits of it here when I'm under 1500 words. So look forward to that, and all the excitement and the excitement of hearing all about the baby making I'm doing!
So to all of you who traveled over from facebook, thanks so much! Stick around, there is more to come! We will actually be posting most of our baby/new family stuff here., instead of on facebook, including pictures. I 'm trying to phase out the super personal stuff on facebook since I know half of you that did the curious click over here, probably won't make it back, but now you know our exciting news!
Thank you VERY much to all of the regular blog readers who come here every day to here me blabble about anything and everything. Sorry that it has been especially babbly, its hard not to talk about the one thing you want very much to talk about-so thanks for sticking with me!
Once again, thank you so much to everyone, we love you very much and we can't wait to share in the joy and learning of our first child.
Stay tuned! See you tomorrow, same time, same place!
Love (the fact that we are going to be parents),
Carrie and Seth

5 comments:

  1. woohoo!! soooo excited for baby bean to come into this world and to have such wonderful parents as you and seth!! love you carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We can't wait for you to use your magic camera to make our baby even cuter!! Love you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Carrie! That is awesome news!


    --Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! That is so exciting. I'm making it a point to catch up on your blog this week. I'm hoping my husband and I can start trying soon, so your bluntness is going to let me in on the stuff they should tell you!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.