Thursday, October 29, 2009

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Happy Muthertrucking Thursday all.

Mornings blow
Pregnancy insomnia is about to take me out at the knees. I’m not sure how many more days I can survive on little to no sleep. So I’m doing that thing this morning where I tell myself to just make it until noon and then I can go home. Then when noon comes I tell myself one more hour, I’m not sure if I’m going to fall for that today. Especially since Seth is at home sleeping because he was at work/class until 10 and then he came home and worked until midnight before he came to bed. His bosses are telling him after this project is over he and I need to take a week vacation. I think they feel bad for ruining our last vacation by making him work. I told him to tell them they have to pay my salary too for that to work, but secretly I hope he agrees to it because we both could use a week in a love cocoon. What I mean is, I don’t want to go anywhere, I just want to bum around the house and stay in bed and watch movies and work on the baby’s room. That would be divine.
But anyway, driving in was hard this morning, and on the radio (my XM finally ran out-SOB) all they talked about was how bad the snow is going to be this winter and how the city is trying a new plowing plan and all I could think was, I don’t want to make this drive in the snow, it’s bad enough in the dark with all the deer. I literally spend all of the 15 minutes I have in “farmland” highway driving with my butt clenched because I’m terrified of hitting a deer.
I’m kind of crabby this morning, I just want to give up and go back to bed, wake me when this week is over.

Cold November rain
Dude seriously this song came on the radio this morning and it started down pouring right at the Slash guitar solo. I almost turned around and went home, because I’m pretty sure that’s the signal that the world is ending. For sure.

TV
Last night I watched Law and Order SVU which was really good, they even brought back a character and storyline and they usually don’t do that. In between I watched that movie “Milk” on HBO, I didn’t watch much, but now I’m thinking I should, it seemed like an okay movie. Although Sean Penn bugs me. I’m not sure why. Ever since this movie I saw with him and Kevin Bacon where they are trying to find out who killed this girl in a Boston town, he’s always bugged me.

My poor, poor DVR
Seth has conceded that he won’t have the time to watch everything on our DVR, so I’m going to start watching our backlog of Top Chef without him. I’m already watching SYTYCD without him which makes me sad because this season is shaping up to be amazing. Occasionally I’ll call him downstairs to watch certain routines. So hopefully I’ll catch up on Top Chef tonite while I wait for the new Grey’s. And when we have dinner we will watch an hour show so that might get a couple hours off the DVR for sure. Of course, tomorrow I put back on like 4 with everything that comes on Friday’s.

Weekend
I can’t tell you what we are doing this weekend because everything is up in the air with my Grandpa. We are going to try (if Seth can get off work at a decent time) and get over to Target to pick up my prescription and to get some candy for the kids for Halloween. We were supposed to do something with Cheeto and Whitney but that might have to wait until we are better people to be around. At the moment Seth is working himself to death and I’m worrying about my Grandpa and all the stuff that needs to be done around the house. But who knows, we might actually get it together and give them a call tomorrow to see if they want to stop by and watch a movie.

Dear Amazon Gold Box,
Get it together, lately you’ve blown chunks. It’s getting annoying.
Thanks,
Carrie

Bah!
I totally have crap busy work to catch up on today and I’m not looking forward to it. I’m totally avoiding it right now by catching up on all the blog update action I missed on vacation. It’s not making my will to stay here all day any stronger either.
Alright I’d better look like I’m making progress on my stacks of busy work. Talk to you tomorrow!

Love (cold November rain),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I love Sean Penn! He is one of the most talented and versatile actors of our time!! Milk is a great movie. I didn't like Mystic River either. It was well done, but the story was too gritty for me. I don't really like the movies Clint Eastwood directs, too dark.
    But Sean Penn is great in Milk, I Am Sam, Sweet and Lowdown. But watch Milk, from start to finish, it's an important story. Harvey Milk was vital to the gay civil rights movement.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.