Monday, October 12, 2009

All that is human must retrograde if it does not advance.

Hi there world! As promised, some pictures are coming. I’m trying to figure out how to get more than 4 on a blogger post. Bear with me.

Weekend review
This weekend went nowhere near as planned. It all started when my Dad and Seth started on the bathroom floor remodel Friday night. The moron who put in the linoleum floor (original with the house we learned) used industrial strength glue on every metric inch of that floor. They ended up chipping away the floor and rebuilding it. The floor was only chipping off in maybe cookie sized pieces. So needless to say, what we thought would be really quick, ended up taking all weekend and is still not done. We may never get my dad back to do the master floor, because I’m sure that’s got the same problems going on. So anyway here is the bathroom after the subfloor got redone (I stayed far away before that because there was a lot of chipping and cussing)


And here is the finished tile

It took a long way to get here, trust. There are some little problems that popped up that need to be addressed before they can replace the toilet, so at the moment, I am still bathroom less, and sharing a bathroom with my husband, which is pretty unbearable. I remember when we were house shopping and I said my one unwaivering demand was multiple bathrooms. I’m spoiled. Whatever.

After we got the tile set, we headed over to Dan and Kathy’s to see the new house. I totally would have taken pictures, but then I decided it really wasn’t my place to show off their new digs. But their new house is lovely and so much bigger! As soon as I saw how worn out they were and what a stressor moving actually is, I decided my home was just perfect and I stopped looking at NP Dodge. We took them dinner and then went home and got our own dinner and watched TV.
Oh by the way, it totally snowed on Saturday and I was estatic. Proof below.


Sunday we woke up late, Dad stopped by to help out with the grouting of the tile and I watched a marathon of Gangland. Then Seth and I ate lunch and promptly fell asleep like two happy full pigs in bed and watched football. We woke up about 3 and went over to the mall to pick up Seth a couple things (new showerhead!!!) and then went to the grocery store and came home.
*sidebar* if there is one thing in life I encourage you all on splurging and spending good money on, it’s to get a good showerhead. You will not believe the difference it will make in your day, nay your LIFE. I promise, they are super easy to install (I DID IT) and let me tell you, Seth was in such a different and great mood this morning I hardly recognized him. *end sidebar*
After grocery shopping I started prepping lunches for the week. I cut two heads of lettuce for lunch salads, 4 red peppers for snacking, made ranch dip, made a lovely dinner for Seth and I, and packed Monday’s lunches and Seth’s dinner for school.
Then Seth worked on getting the baby’s room ready for the work Jesse is supposed to do today and I got in the shower (the divine new shower!) and we reconvened at 10 in bed to eat ice cream and watch Mad Men. Then we read what Bean is up to this week (it’s a weekly ritual) and went to bed.
The weekend went by too fast.

TV
We only got a little bit of TV watched this weekend. Mostly because I've been confined to three rooms in my house, the kitchen, the basment (where it was FREEZING) and my bedroom. Here is what my living room looks like right now:

We watched some HIMYM, Destination Truth (dear Josh Gates, I love you, that is all), Criminal Minds (Seriously JJ, the bangs have to go.), Top Chef (go Kevin!!!) and of course, as previously mentioned Mad Men.
Anyone else think Mad Men is hitting turds instead of home runs this season? It totally sucks too because we waited so long for this season. I’m going to tell you a secret. I was all into watching Mad Men during the first season because I heard it was the next best thing so while I was unemployed on our move back to Omaha I watched the first couple episodes onDemand, and I hated it. I hate shows that condone and celebrate infidelity. I’ve been cheated on a lot in my love life, so I feel sick when I see some of my favorite characters do it. It really irritates me. So Mad Men I’ve always struggled with. But then I caught a lot of season two which was about redemption from infidelity and I started to like it more. Cut to season three where this episode reeks with it, and I’m over it again. *sigh*

Kidtens
Now that the weather has turned colder, my cats have refused to get out of bed. They have even gotten lovey-I mean cold enough that they have came up from putting 40 pounds of cat on our feet and sleep in the crooks of our arms and practically on our heads. The worst is Sunday when we finally got out of bed to run errands, they stayed in bed. And were still there when we got back. I think they secretly love the duvets as much as I do. Multiple duvets on our bed are my favorite part of winter. Also this morning when both Seth and I got up, Bags made this pitiful little cry to come back to bed that nearly broke my heart. Stupid cats.

Bean’s Blog
I did better this weekend with Bean. Mostly because I did what I want to in the first place and stayed in bed most of the weekend and rested and stayed warm.
I don’t know what is going on for sure, I’ll find out more on Wednesday, but I’ve been feeling what are like three or four bubbles popping, at random times, in my abdomen, right where Bean should be these days. Seth and my parents think it is the baby moving, and I want to think it is too. Here’s hoping!
Also my indigestion is getting super bad, like uncomfortable bad. It usually sits under my right side ribs and just KILLS. I hate it.
We read this week that Bean is as big as a sweet potato (aww) and is swallowing amniotic fluid (yuck). Also Bean is getting the hiccups, which may be the source of my weird feelings, but Seth doesn’t think so.
I’m expanding and wearing Seth’s rugby shirts still. I’ve also been confined to the same pair of jeans, I only have one right now I know fits. Ugh.
That’s about all in Bean’s world. Here’s hoping Wednesday gets here fast!!!

Week ahead
Hopefully my little brother comes over and starts his project work this week-that would really help Seth’s stress level out. He just got made the technical lead on a project at work, his first attempt at a leadership role, so he is very nervous and very dedicated to doing a good job.
I plan on chilling out max and relaxing all cool, going to work, and watching TV.

Side note
If you didn’t notice, at the bottom of the page I put a new tracker that tells where everyone is from who visits the page! It’s really fun to see! So hello blog reader from Norway! So nice to see you today-and WOW how did you find little old me?? And Wyoming? And Morrow Georgia? It’s so humbling to know that you all are out there reading. And of course my multiple Omaha peeps! Shout out!! Spread the word!

Better look busy
We have a reorganizational meeting today (dun dun dun). I think they will leave the grunts like me alone but just in case, I’d better look busy.

Have a great day!!
Love (weekends in my jammies),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way when starting MadMen. I thought it was incredibly dull and sleazy, but I guess the point is to get so wrapped up in the characters, you keep watching. My husband was surprised I Netflixed it because he thought it was a man's show, I said no, it's basically a soap opera, with a lot of men. He started watching it on his own, but once he missed a few of season 3, he hasn't cared enough to watch the DVRs.
    The episodes seem to be getting shorter, with a lot more ads, nothing happens in most episodes and I'm so mad they replaced Bobby. He was the cutest kid ever! This new one, is not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, just out of curiosity is there a specific brand or type of shower head that you recommend? You have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, Not a brand per say, but a price limit, you should spend over 20 bucks. And it should be a hand held and have at least 4 different settings. And if you check the back of the package, make sure it includes the teflon tape (most do). Trust, you owe yourself a great showerhead Monica!

    And Laura-I find myself hating Sally, I'm not sure why, but I totally do. Especially after that whole wierd two episode thing where she was just strange. Bring back Joan! Oh and Peggy sleeping with Duck made me vomit in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.