Thursday, October 8, 2009

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Hey world, what day is it? Thursday? Oh yay it’s Grey’s day, but also Nebraska football game day, which means I get vetoed off the TV. I hope that I don’t have double DVRing tonite…hmmm…

Thanks from Bean and I
Thanks to everyone who sent emails of encouragement. And also links to other blogs and websites about Depression during Pregnancy. It’s nice to know I’m not the only loon out there. So far I’m finding it easier to talk extensively about it (the trick will be getting people to continue to listen until March and not have them exasperated with my irrationality). This morning, my super husband who it usually takes AN ACT OF GOD to get out of bed in the mornings (he is not a morning person) woke up at 6 am with me and talked me thru getting ready and all my fears and came and sat in the kitchen with me while I made breakfast and packed lunches. It really helped. I worked thru one anxiety attack with him and then had one in the car on the way to work but I’m here now so that’s saying something.
My mom took me out to Vala’s pumpkin patch yesterday and the walking around and fresh air gave me a little courage to try to come to work today, I’m going to attempt to try a little walking around (weather permitting) every night.
I just need to make it until next Wednesday when I can talk to my doctor and just justify all the crazy. I think that will make me feel better too. But I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your great response and support. I really appreciate it and I’m working thru it! Or at least making an attempt.

My house exploded
Our house is in disarray and trying to be remodeled. Jesse is coming over tonite to get instructions and to start his work with us on the painting and bathroom stuff. My Pops is coming over this weekend to start the tile in the bathrooms. I haven’t watched much TV, we just haven’t had the time, but hopefully we will get to some this weekend.

And then the cops came
Last night Seth went to get the kidtens who love the new ample space they have in the spare room since it’s cleaned out so they tear around in there like it’s a WWF ring, and he saw flashing lights. He looked out the blinds and there in front of our house and parked up on our driveway were four cops. So he got dressed and went out there to see what was up (so much braver than me) and apparently some punk kids where fighting in the park. Or something. That park is a mixed blessing, I love it because it’s nice and convenient and a nice bonus to our neighborhood, but it breeds a lot of drama at night. I’m just glad our neighbors who are old next door didn’t die. I haven’t seen the old dude in a while and the old lady has been mowing the lawn. He usually snow blows our sidewalk and driveway because he has a big expensive fancy snowblower, I’d hate to lose that. And it would be sad if he dies too. Shut up I make him homemade breadmaker bread to say thanks for doing it. Don’t judge me.

And then it snowed
Want to know a secret? I’m super freaking jazzed for snow in October. It’s supposed to snow this weekend in Omaha. Which sucks for Kathy who is moving (and Seth who is helping-I’m just showing up to entertain the dogs and oo and aww at her new house) and for anyone else planning on doing fun things this weekend. Everyone (including me) is being all outraged in their facebook status updates, but secretly, I love the idea. Which I know everyone will crucify me for, but seriously? I love snow. I don’t care. Snow is the best-est.
Didn’t it snow a couple years ago here in October and they had to cancel Halloween? Speaking of Halloween, I got some kit kats for the trick or treaters. Now whether those kit kats actually make it to Halloween is really up to me. It’s not looking promising.

Swamped
Okay everyone, sorry for the short blog, but when you miss two days of work, it tends to pile up on your desk. Hope you all had a great week-hang in there, two more days until the weekend!

Love (snow),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.