Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?

Good Morning. I’m rambly and unfocused today-you have been warned.

Bean’s Blog
Bean and I aren’t feeling so hot this morning. We woke up congestioned, coughy and sneezy, the humidifier we had been using was making weird noises so I unplugged it and now am seriously regretting it. We also have an upset stomach and my jaw hurts like an SOB. And I’m exhausted. Hopefully I get out of here at a decent time tonite so that I can catch a nap before Seth gets home from work and starts working on the house. It figures I can’t go a day during a week without feeling like sludge.
I also feel more pregnant and uncomfortable today than usual. I noticed my belly this morning. It’s starting to come out a little. Maybe I’ll let Seth take a picture of it in NYC. If I can find my camera, which at this moment, I have no idea where it is…
Wait what was I talking about? Oh this is the Bean portion, not the rambling portion. Um…I can’t believe how far along we are, in all honesty it’s been going really slow and I’ve hated almost every second of it, but I feel like I’m on an upswing-so here’s hoping.

Last night
Last night I was a total loser. The most exciting part of my night was when I FINALLY got to take a bath after what seemed like an eternity of waiting. I even used my fancy favorite bubble bath that my mom got me, it’s like Black Current Vanilla or something like that from Bed Bath and Beyond. I love it and it sticks in my hair and on my skin even into the next day. I just did a smell check of my hair and it’s still there. Mmmmm. Maybe that’s what is making me all relaxed and sleepy. Anyway I basically came home (late because I stayed late at work to make a little extra money for NYC) and ate some dinner, watched Ugly Betty ondemand (ugh I hate that you can’t fast forward!), did the dishes, cleaned the bathtub, tried to illegally watch House without Seth but was thwarted by the Angels/Yankee’s game so I watched True Life on MTV instead (did I mention, in bed?), went and took my long luxurious bath, Seth came home and I dished him out some soup and put away the leftovers, finished the kitchen, then went to bed and read my book until I fell asleep. Lame-but lovely.

Oh my book!
I forgot to tell you about this random book from one of my stacks in the living room (yes I have multiple book stacks in various places, usually congregated near a bookshelf) that I picked up because I didn’t want to watch Nebraska piss it away anymore and I didn’t have access to my bedroom or bathroom because they were blocked by the remodel. So I picked up this book: Crowned in a Far Country: Portraits of Eight Royal Brides - by Princess Michael of Kent and it is so good I can hardly finish it because it isn’t very long and I don’t want it to end. It is about eight royal brides in the nineteenth century (like Catherine the Great, Marie Antoinette, ect) and instead of discussing the politics and the usual things you learn about in history classes, this book talks about what clothes they liked to wear, what their favorite food was, where they got their jewelry, what their hobbies were, what they excelled at, if they really loved their husband or if they loved another. It is SO GOOD. I want to stop reading and save it for my trip but I can hardly put it down, and I’m learning so much. I won’t bore you with it, but there are a lot of fun facts interlaced with the stories and I’ve really been enjoying it, even reading it aloud to Seth at times.

On my way to the big city
But not quite, I had strong plans to get the suitcases out myself (they are in the creepiest part of the house, under the stairs) and start packing, but they kind of pissed away when I got home late. I guess its better that I don’t start packing until Thursday night anyway, that way everything is clean and ready to go. I have some ideas though of what I want to take, mostly some clothes that were given to me by my mom’s friend who works at a bank so the tops are really cute and look nice when paired with jeans, so I can still wear my tennis shoes-which I learned on my last trip to NYC are essential, since I almost lost both my feet to my adorable pink heels. My Mom and Aunt never let me live that down. Only I would go sightseeing in NYC in pink heels. Anyway, because of my Bean related back pain, I have to wear tennis shoes everywhere-lame, but practical.
I wonder if I can pack a heating pad and take it on the plane, I’m sure I can in checked baggage. Right?

Grey’s
So for those of you like me, who don’t watch Private Practice, there was a Grey’s cross over episode where Bailey took the kidney patient that Izzie almost killed last week to Addison’s clinic in California because Bailey’s sister was a match and they were going to do a little kidney gifting. (I stumbled across a recap of the episode on TWOP and read because I was bored) In the episode you find out Bailey’s sister has HIV and that Bailey’s husband was emotionally cheating on her so that’s why they divorced. Since they haven’t really talked about what was going on with Bailey after focusing on it for a large portion of the season last year-I thought I would feel most of you in who may of missed it because you may be like me and think Private Practice needs to be cancelled or combined with Grey’s because I miss Addison and want her back and the few times I tried to watch Private Practice the only characters I liked were Sam and since him and Bailey (apparently) have a little something something going on (also reveled in this episode of Private Practice) she can bring him too. And maybe Naomi. But really, they just need to come back to Grey’s. But that’s my opinion.

SYTYCD
Even though the big Vegas reveal is this week, I have spoilers on who makes it into the top 20 and who the couple parings are. Also apparently, they are going to start doing groups of three dances. Which is kind of fun and new, I hope I like it. If you want to see the spoilers go here. Oh and if you need a reminder of who those people are based on their styles from the Top Twenty reveal, go here. Also you should probably know that Mia Michaels quit last week. No one really knows why, but apparently it’s in her contract that she is coming back to judge the final episode of the season. Apparently. She resigned on her twitter account.

Ugh
Well I’d better get to work. They gave me two interns or “supplemental personnel” to help me with my cart book updating yesterday until Wednesday when they can start training. So of course they are two of the world’s OLDEST people who don’t understand anything and it takes me longer to explain things than to actually do it myself. Of course they only sent one back today and it was the one that had the hardest time and threw away all the indexes instead of updating them-thus creating more work for me. So yay. I better go babysit.

Love (my new revamped bathtub),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure about the heating pad. check out those stickum heat pads that you can apply directly to your back - thermaheat or something like that. i always have a box on hand for my monthly journey and they are fantastic...i can wear them to work all day long and they provide a ton of comfort. not like the 'high' heat from a heating pad - but they do get the job done.

    i agree - addison come back!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.