Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Hello my lovely blog readers! I’m back today, albeit not willingly, I mean, I’d rather be writing you this from bed, snuggled with the kidtens, in sweatpants. Not here at work where I sit miserable in too tight pants and a shirt that hugs my fat belly.

Yes I can call it fat
Yesterday at the doctor my lovely doctor who I love so much pointed out I had gained SEVEN POUNDS since my last visit. For those of you in the know, you are only supposed to gain a pound a week. My doctor said it all judgey too. I would have cried, but I secretly blame her since I have to force myself to eat every two hours-which she makes me do. Other exciting news from the doctor’s appointment: our ultrasound is set for Nov. 2nd, and you better believe I’m ESTATIC and ready to find out what we are having and give Bean an official name; I got put on a super low dosage of Zoloft, apparently there is something you can take if you are pregnant and sad, but only in the second trimester-I’ll let you know how it works out, it is supposed to take about a week to take effect; Bean’s heart was beating very fast and Bean does not liked to be pushed or poked on, so it moved out of the way of the microphone; while Bean was moving away I felt the pop and my doctor confirmed I could feel movements, of course though-weird ones she had never heard described like that; we took the blood test for the downs and spina bifida, we find out our results in 1 or 2 weeks; I am 1000 billion percent correct in saying that if I don’t want to do something or I don’t feel up to something (like work) to just rest and not stress out the baby, that’s the most important thing.
Oh and on the card they gave me for the ultrasound appointment, it says drink 32oz of water and HOLD IT. Which is like the most sadistic thing ever. Especially since my appointment is at 8 am. My mommy is coming too. We are all very excited.

TV catch up
So yesterday Seth skipped class because he’s a rebel like that (or he didn’t get his homework put together in time because he put ME in charge of setting up the scanner which is like putting a train conductor in charge of flying airplanes) so we caught up on a little TV. We are so far behind its unreal. We watched Dollhouse and Numb3ers from two weeks ago. Both weren’t remarkable in anyway. I tried to get Seth on board with dumping Dollhouse, but he misses Sarah Conner Chronicles, and besides Destination Truth, this is the only real sci-fi show we watch anymore. And Destination Truth isn’t even really sci-fi. I also watched SYTYCD and I cried with Adam Shankman when he cried at Billy Bell’s performance, but I don’t think I was crying at the performance, just the way Adam was overcome with it. Also if they cut my krumper, Russell, SYTYCD and I may be done for this season. You are on notice SYTYCD!

Randoms
My clothes feel itchy today, I’m wearing things that have been tucked away in closets for a while. Not comfy.

I had microwave pretzels and apple juice for breakfast. One of them is killing my stomach.

Bah! Of course when I cancel my HBO they announce that the lady who created, produced and wrote Gilmore Girls has just been given the green light to start a series on HBO. DAMN YOU HBO! *shakes fist*

Is it wrong I wish the guy next to me was home sick? I just don’t want to listen to him clear his throat all day. Or talk. Really I just want to be able to take a nap under my desk with no one knowing.

Speaking of being sick, I know two people who have swine flu. My mom’s friend and my aunt. They seem to be living. Seth is worried. They couldn’t give me the shot at the clinic yesterday, I’ll have to wait until Nov. 2nd when I go to the big hospital for the ultrasound. Seth’s mom is freaking out because I have to get on a plane and go to NYC and she’s sure I will catch it. I could catch it at work-do you know how many people work here? I think this is an even bigger argument for me to stay home from work.

How do I already have indigestion this morning? All I’ve had is juice and pretzels!

I had a bunch of random stories to tell all of you yesterday-but then my husband hogged the only working computer in our house all day, and I forgot them all. At the moment I’m very sad about it and am sitting here waiting for the stories to come back.

NYC
I can’t believe we will be in NYC in a little under a week and a half! I’m excited to just get away for a couple days. I hope to take a lot of good pictures. I took some good ones the last time I was in NYC. I have no idea what to pack though since I’m sorta wearing a mix of my clothes and Seth’s clothes. I also looked it up and of course the airline charges for checked baggage so I’m going to try not to check baggage, but take a bunch large “purses”.

This weekend
As the weekend is fast approaching, I should probably get a plan in place. I know that I will probably have to work some Saturday (BOOOOOO) . Hopefully Seth will get some of the remodeling done while I am gone. I have a sneaking suspicion he might sleep in and watch football though. I would if I was him! I’m PRAYING that we get my toilet put back on and my bathtub cleaned so I can reclaim my bathroom. Sunday I plan on sleeping all day-no lie. I know I will be tired because I will probably stay home late to get some stuff off the DVR. The nice thing though is next week there are a couple of shows rerunning so I’m not TOO worried about the DVR exploding. Also worse comes to worse I can delete some of the things that are on MyPrimeTime and suffer thru the 30 second commercials. I’ve been trying to think up something to make, but I don’t think I’ll have the time. Plus I have enchi’s that I unthawed. We will see where that leads us.

Worker bee
Alright I’d better knock some of this work out-you never know, I could be back later today!!

Love (to find a job that I can do in my bed-and no prostitution isn’t an option…),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.