Thursday, October 1, 2009

When a thing has been said and well, have no scruple. Take it and copy it.

Happy first of October everyone! And Happy Grey Day! And Happy Thursday! All those happy’s and I’m sitting here in a funk wishing I was back in bed. Meh.

Bean Blog
I've changed the subject header previously known as "Baby Blog" to "Bean Blog" because well, you know, the baby has a nickname right now and we should use it. So I have this enormous pressure underneath my ribs that I would worry is a heart attack if it was on the other side, but I’m pretty sure it’s just farts. And they turned the air circulators off at work so it’s even quieter here so I can’t really sneak farts anymore because they are loud. Like farting on metal chairs during Sunday School loud. It just reverberates. So I’m having a hard time sitting up straight and trying not to die. Putting my arms above my head alleviates the pressure, but then I can’t finish this blog or work today, so that really gets us nowhere.
I’m trying to embrace the “belly” today, but it’s not going so well. I haven’t done my Denise Austin Pregnancy work out in forever and everything just feels flabby and gross. I know this will all change when I feel Bean moving, but at the moment I’m just frustrated and embarrassed. I’m trying though-give me credit here.

TV
Last night I watched So You Think You Can Dance and Glee. I’m about over this audition process. I’ve gotten burned so many times before where they make you fall in love with a contestant and then brutally cut them during Vegas week. I’m not even looking forward to Vegas week either because they make you fall further in love and then cut them at the end during the “green mile”. I wish they would skip all this and just show you the top 20. Or maybe I should just stop watching this part…
Glee was GREAT. Mostly because Kristen Chenoweth was in it. I love me some Kristen Chenoweth. Glee comes on during Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU, and I have to tape both of those, so I went upstairs and cuddled on the couch under the spare duvet (which was on our bed as our summer duvet but once the winter one went on, it was too hot and not cold enough yet for both and since we dismantled the guest bed, it has taken up residence on the couch which Baggy LOVES because he loves sleeping in duvets as much as I do). She was amazing. I think I secretly want to be her. No I know I do, it’s no secret. People gave me a lot of crap for buying the “Pushing Daises” DVDs but I don’t regret it for a second because I think she has GREAT comedic timing and I could listen to her sing for hours. I know in the late 90’s they tried to give her a TV show but it bombed. I think it’s time to try again or get her in another show ASAP because I love her and miss her on my TV. Okay the creepy Kristen Chenoweth stalking portion of this blog is over. Promise.

Saturn…
Oh Saturn. I’m so sad for you. Even though I don’t own one of your cars anymore, I still think you are an amazing car company with great ethics and morals and a refreshing selling platform and I’m sad to see you go. I was seriously considering going back to Saturn when Seth lets me buy a new car in 10 years. I’m sad you won’t be there now. The Saturn brand is a great one. I wish you could have been saved.

Question
I’ve been getting a lot of questions on my opinion of the SYTYCD cooch flashing yesterday. To be honest with you all, I only watched it once, it was all I could stand, so I don’t really know if there was really cooch or spanx or what happened there, and I’m not watching it again, I don’t love you all THAT much.

True Story
I tried to figure out how to turn off the “phone” feature on my CarrieBerry yesterday. I hate talking on the phone that much. If you love me, don’t call me, send me an email or facebook message or something, but don’t call. It gets my screen dirty with ear sweat and I accidently hang up on people or mute myself and it drives me bananas. I hate talking on the phone EVEN MORE now, and I didn’t truly think that was possible.

This weekend
I have nothing going on this weekend and I’m very, very excited about it. Here are my plans-lay on the couch under the duvet with the Bags and watch TV and smooch Seth a lot. I do need to go pick out the paint for my guest bathroom cabinets and the baby’s trim so that Jesse can get started on that next week. But seriously that’s it. I don’t even know what I’m eating. I have the ingredients for Fat Potato Fat Fat, so I may make that Friday and eat it all weekend. Hopefully it’s cold and overcast like this all weekend and I will be one happy camper.

Scentsy
I got my new smells and burner for the office on Monday. Today I’m burning Key Lime Cookie and it smells sooo good. Yesterday I burned Autumn Sunset in honor of fall starting and a guy came in and told me it smelled like a wicks ‘n’ things or an old lady’s crafts store. Jerk. I’m waiting to see what he thinks this one smells like today. I’m not sure why I’m rambling about this. Maybe just to tell you I love my scentsy pot.

Gross
There is someone’s old torn toenail on the floor of my cube and it’s so gross and every time I go to take my recycle out I see it and it makes me want to vomit. It also concerns me how little vacuuming gets done over here because it’s been like what? Two or three months that I have been over in this building and the gross toenail is still there?

Exciting thing I just discovered
Halloween is on a Saturday this year! Whoo-hoo! I’m not sure why I’m so excited about that. I think I’m excited to actually be home in our neighborhood and see what kind of trick or treaters we get. Last year we had a friend’s wedding to go to so we didn’t get to see what it was like. Seth wants to watch scary movies but I’m really not down with that at all. I’m over scary movies. Really. I’ve got enough in life to be scared of. Like becoming a mom in less than six months. I have to decide what kind of candy I want to give out. Do they still make white chocolate reese’s peanut butter cups? For some reason those sound divine right now. Yeah, I said it, I buy candy I want to eat to give out to kids. That way when they don’t take it all, I have lovely leftovers, it’s like Thanksgiving at my parents house. They always make way too much so that everyone can take some home. Also my brother in law and husband eat my candy. A lot. They are candy whores. Oh fall! I love you.

Tonite
Tonite I should be watching Grey’s, so that I can recap it for you all and voice my many opinions on it. Instead I have a sneaking suspicion that Chet (BIL) is going to show up and follow thru on his threat to make us watch “Wolverine” on blu-ray tonite. Dang me for buying that for Seth! He threatened to do it on Tuesday but never showed. Something tells me he’s going to show tonite because it’s even MORE inconvenient today than it was Tuesday.

Buttermilk
I bought buttermilk for my chocolate cake recipe last weekend and I only needed a cup, but I didn’t know that at the store and to be safe rather than sorry I bought the big one and now I have a quart of buttermilk and I don’t know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Taters
I ate mashed potatoes for breakfast. And it was freaking divine. And I’ve officially blogged just about everything in my head today. Have a good day! Hope it goes by fast for you!

Love (mashed potatoes with cheese),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Make pancakes with the buttermilk. Freeze the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I searched my starred recipes for ones with buttermilk and thought I would share. Please remember that I don't know all of what you like or what you want to make:

    http://lieslsconfectiondissection.blogspot.com/2009/08/starbucks-banana-minus-walnuts-bread.html

    http://foodallaputtanesca.blogspot.com/2009/06/banana-blueberry-oat-muffins.html

    http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/2009/06/corn-cake-pancakes.html

    http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/2008/07/blueberry-buttermilk-streusel-coffee.html

    http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-chocolate-chocolate-chunk.html

    Also, some recipes call for more buttermilk than others (I think one only calls for a couple tablespoons, but hey, you would still be using it, right?).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.