Monday, April 27, 2009

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Monday-ugh.
Here is the weekend recap for you!

Friday
Friday I got off super early (3) and got home and immediately started working on doors and such. Seth came off early too so it worked out really well. He sanded doors outside and mowed the lawn. I got to lay out for a little bit (though you can’t tell). Then I made fantastic food. I made Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup (yum) and Black Bean and Corn and Cheese quesadillas (I have decided its okay to declare that I make AMAZING quesadillas.) and then I made pasta salad because there was a sale on red peppers this week so I got a TON of them. I also noticed that either my chamomile or my lavender is coming up-either way-exciting!!! We ate dinner and watched tv and went to bed rather early because we had to get up and get to work Saturday.

Saturday
Saturday I got the sad news that Carrie R wasn’t coming up from KC (sad) so after moping about that we got to work on doors and cleaning up the house. I went to wash all the rugs in the house and promptly broke the washing machine. Nice. Around 3 we loaded up Seth’s tinkering project (he was going to get help from my dad) and headed over to my parents. My mom and I went out to Kathy’s Tastefully Simple party and I ate like a pig. Although I don’t think the host appreciated my “Body of Christ, broken for you” jokes when I passed the dipping bread around. But honestly-don’t cut it like the communion bread and I wouldn’t have to make jokes about it.
We spent a lot of time mooning over Kathy’s dog and I caught up with some old friends who I need to see way more often. I saw Kari and Pam who are frequent readers and learned that Becky H. (*waves*) is a reader too! Fun! I love learning about new readers! Makes me feel all special and fuzzy.
Then we went to 94/95 which was a nice little restaurant where I saw semi famous people (they are only famous if you are a crazy husker fan). They had a good band playing and the owner was really nice. I had eaten WAY to much at Kathy’s party though so I was pretty stuffed! Then Seth and I went home and watched Dollhouse.

*nerd sidebar* So how about next week Alan Tudyk is going to be on the Dollhouse and I’m SOOOO FRIGGIN excited. For those of you not as cool as me, he was Wash in “Firefly” and if you don’t know what “Firefly” is then I don’t think we can be friends anymore. I mean, how many times do I have to crow my love of Firefly (and the movie Serenity) and Joss Whedon? Next thing you will be telling me you don’t know of the travesty that was Jericho and how CBS is the most evilest network EVER and that Friday Night Lights doesn’t make you cry. Pssshhhttt. *end nerdy sidebar*

Sunday
Sunday was the single greatest day ever. Because I woke up at 5:12 to the loudest boom of thunder ever. And then the sound of rain. And it stayed like that all day. Hooray! We woke up late and went to Sam’s Club and Target and then SETH suggested we get Pepperjax for lunch (SQUEEEE) we came home and ate and then took a nap. Then we finished staining the doorjams and the door Seth sanded and I cleaned up some more sawdust. We watched some tv and Seth did his homework and we went to bed. Best day ever. Mostly because of the rain.

Randomness
So you may have noticed we didn’t get our garden in, but I’m okay with that because I got to spend Sunday relaxing AND its supposed to frost tonite, so that wouldn’t have been very good for the plants anyway. We are looking at doing it Tuesday now. Or at least getting the plot rotor tilled and the rabbit fence up. Plus the later we wait, the longer we will have veggies in the fall.

NYC plans
We made tentative plans to visit my Aunt Nat in NYC and see a Giants game in the fall. We are looking at either September or October. Seth is pretty excited. Hopefully we actually do it this year!

I married a big dork and I love him
So my nerd husband fixed the washing machine I broke this weekend, actually taught me something about math, and audibly squeed when I reminded him that the new Wolverine movie comes out this weekend and we have a date Sunday for a matinee viewing. I’m telling myself he squeed because he wanted to go out on a date with me.

Scentsy
My Scentsy pot (Seth calls it the Stinkpot) came today. I’m excited to get home and plug it in. If you want to come see how well it works, stop by, and I’ll give you the name of the person I order from. I’m pretty excited to start using the Eucalyptus block because I read it keeps spiders away and last night I was on the phone with Pam and looking in the fridge and a spider crawled up the side of it and I screamed and freaked out and gave both her and Seth a heart attack. So anything to stop that from happening ever again.

Something totally not sexy about me
So apparently Bagheera and I snored so loud last night Seth had to put in earplugs and he was REALLY crabby with me this morning. Oops. Its Bags fault, I’m sure.

End scene
Alright folks, that’s all I got today! See ya tomorrow!

Love (rainy thunderstorm Sundays),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.