Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.

Happy Birthday Jesse! (more on that in a moment)
And welcome back for a solid MONTH of the theme “I hate it when Wednesday’s”. Let me know if you like the theme and if you want me to continue it in the comments.

I hate it when…
-I hate it when people call you at work and are all like, “What are you doing?” Trying to keep my job, which you are not helping with-but thanks.
-I hate it when you recommend a TV show that you love and it happens to be the most predictable episode ever that week. Give Castle another try people, and appreciate the comic wonderfulness that is Nathan Fillion, if you had seen him sing his own theme song last week you would love him forever.
-I hate it when you make plans with someone and then promptly forget them, I still feel like an ass about it.
-I hate it when I forget to put my tea bag in my hot water and end up drinking hot water all day.
-I hate it when people act like they can’t leave the United States, it is the most ridiculous thing ever and it drives me crazy. I especially hate it when those people send me emails about swine flu and say “That’s why I won’t go to Mexico” like REALLY? You foresaw a pandemic and that’s why you wouldn’t travel out of the US, what’s next week’s lotto numbers?
-I hate it when people discredit people you know are authorities on the subject when you relay information. For example: Me: Bobanna the DOCTOR says that there has been no confirmed cases of the flu in Omaha yet. Friend: Well Bobanna doesn’t know everything, this lady at my work was coughing really hard and I just know she has it.
-I hate when people tag an inane smiley face on the end of a sentence where they just got done insulting you or someone. Example: Friend: Well we all know you are really strange! :-) A stupid smiley face doesn’t make your stupid comment any better, or make me want to punch you in your stupid smiley face any less.
-I hate it when it’s been like the perfect stay in bed and snuggle weather for like three days in a row and I have to get up and go to work. It makes the entire workday pretty unbearable.
-I hate it when people pretend they know some big secret about why you were transferred to another department and instead of just telling you, they say “They don’t want to dig up any old wounds” but then they keep mentioning it! Just SHUT THE HELL UP.
-I hate it when you get caught skipping out on work early last week by another coworker, you kind of sit there in a panicked moment wondering if they are going to tell your boss, and then you hate them for like the next 3 days, goody two shoes.


And finally, from our Heavy Baggage Blogger L’ara, via email:
-I hate it when people tell your boss that you screwed up when you didn't and you have to decide between keeping your mouth shut and taking the blame or walking into his office, stamping your foot and yelling DID NOT like a child on a play ground.
-I hate it when the blogs I follow are not updated early enough for my schedule. What are you people doing!?!?! Wake up and give me something to start my day!!!!

Happy Birthday Brother!
My brother is *mumbles* years old today! Here is a list of things I like about my brother, which is fitting since we are very list-y today.
He is funny.
He can surprise you.
He will show up and mow your lawn when your husband is out of town
He will show up and help you move, even though he seriously just helped you move in 100 degree weather 2 months ago.
He will take over planning your husband’s bachelor party when you have reached your wits end with the best men.
He loves Eddie Izzard.
He always has the best movies.
He likes cats.
He always shows up when you invite him to parties or dinners even though you never show up for his stuff.
He pretty much taught me how to be snarky.
He also taught me how to blog.
He’s always down for trying new places to eat.
He’s grown up a lot in the past couple of years.
He is GREAT on vacation.
He will go up and ask for ketchup for you or get your order corrected if it is wrong.
He lets me listen to rap in the car, really loud.
He will drive if I don’t want to.
I’m super excited to FINALLY go to Disneyworld with him, since he is the one who started my love of all things Disney.
He showed me Hulu, long before my work blocked it for being too popular.
He can get me cd’s I’m not ready to buy.
He takes good care of my parents and will go over to help them with yard work.
He is a lot of fun at parties.
All my friends love when I invite him to do things with us.
I consider him one of my best friends.
He doesn’t ever call me unless it’s important and he doesn’t keep me on the phone for more than five minutes.
He watches and enjoys a lot of the same shows I do.
He makes an effort to hang out with my husband and do stuff with him.
He likes the same music as my husband.
He is my oldest friend.
He always makes me laugh, no matter what.

And Pop, if you are reading this and wondering why you didn’t get a list, you were pretty grouchy about turning 50 and I didn’t want to rub it in. But I love you!!

Random
Whoa! Jon from “Jon and Kate plus 8” is stepping out? It was only a matter of time really, but MAN-Kate’s head is going to explode, I can’t wait to see what Joel from The Soup has to say about this! *disclaimer* I don’t actually really watch this show, I did, and then the sheer number of screaming kids made my ovaries cry so I had to stop.

Curtin
That’s all folks-Have a great Wednesday! Talk to you tomorrow!

Love (keeping the theme going)
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. The swine flu has made it to Omaha, a Cali man that was here on vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an example I don't really have any friends named Bobanna, I had a friend named Steveanna but she was wierd and I was only friends with her because Kathy was...anyway someone at work just said that at lunch. It was bound to happen. I'm starting to wonder if I should skip the suggestion for Mexican food this weekend, just in case. I'd like to know how this flu has impacted Mexican resturants in the area.
    Oh and my friends who work in the med center say it's called H1N1 now because its more politically correct, apparently the Jewish people infected with it don't like to be compared to swines because they are dirty and evil...
    Where's your "Hate it when's" Jess??

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.